Pinterest Inspired Chicken Philly

I am sure if your on Pinterest you have seen the Philly Cheese steak healthy version, where you use a green pepper, deli roast beef and Swiss cheese. They look awesome and have heard from people who have tried they are even better than they look. See now the only problem is I really wanted to try that today, but I didn't have Swiss cheese, nor the roast beef. I only had this huge green pepper I bought the other day, with no idea what I was going to make it out of.

I then remembered in my late night, first moving down here to Florida days, my boyfriend and I would get these amazing, Chicken Philly Sandwiches, from this adorable late night eats, Angie's Cafe. I know how perfect of a name hehe. Well they were too die for, so I figured, I will change the idea and make it with chicken.

Ingredients

1 Large Green Pepper
2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss
3 oz of Fully Cooked Chicken

Directions

Cut the green pepper and half and lay it open. Take your chicken, I used Tyson Grilled and Read, Fully Cooked Refrigerator Chicken, because it is quick and easy, I used whatever the serving size was, which was 3 oz. I divided the chicken into the pepper halves. Some of the pepper fell off, so that is why there is a mini one too. I took my Laughing Cow wedge and broke in half one, for the small one and then took a whole one and put on top of the chicken on the big one.



I put the green peppers in my little toaster oven on to broil and baked for about 10 minutes. The cheese wasn't melting so I took out the peppers, they were baked and tender, just how I wanted it. I put them in the microwave and let the cheese melt for about 1.5 minutes. When done, I mixed the cheese around the chicken, let cool for maybe 3 minutes, they looked so good I didn't care if I burnt my tongue and dove in.



They were delicious! I would recommend for yours and what I will do next time, is warm up the cheese first before putting in oven, that way it is creamy and toss in some onions too. But for a first try, it was win and only 4 plus points!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection