Earth Balance Peanut Butter and Coconut

I have been really interested in trying new peanut butters and new butters lately. I keep seeing on other blogs and Instagram and posts about cashew butter, almond butter, natural peanut butter, etc. But I find them to be quite expensive and high in points but I willing to try anything. I usually only eat my PB2, which is fantastic and only 1pp, so it takes a lot of trying to branch out of it haha.

This morning I went grocery shopping and Publix had Earth Balance Peanut Butter and Coconut Spread there with a now available sign attached. The minute I saw it I grabbed it, I remembered it from posts and had a mental note that it was something I wanted to try. It was a little bit more expensive then what I wanted to pay today but the same price I pay for my PB2, so it even outs, I paid 4.79 and considering I wont be eating this every day, I dropped in the cart.

The serving size is 190 calories for 2 tablespoons and 5pp.



When I got home I used only 1 tablespoon because I was putting it on a bagel thin and knew I wouldn't need a whole lot, I wanted to just try it. It was creamy and spread every easily. It had a natural peanut smell and once you tasted it, you could taste the perfect hint of coconut, it wasn't overwhelming and it wasn't lacking flavor. I toasted my bagel thin so the peanut spread would melt a bit on the bagel. It was very tasty. The pb spread is high in fat but low in carbs.

Considering I only used 1 tablespoon, it was only 3pp, which is still high for my normal PB intake, but well worth it considering I was sharing it with a low point breakfast. I will be using this often, not sure if I will buy each time it runs out, but it is definitely a nice change of pace and its great to shake things up every now and again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection