Transformation Tuesday

Happy 4 year Florida Anniversary Day to me!!! 4 years ago, I arrived here in Florida with my whole life packed into my dad's truck and my car. It took us 2 days to get from NY to FL and it was an awesome trip that my father and I took together, it actually was our last big vacation together, even if it was for a few days. After moving down here life was fantastic! But the big problem was we ate out all the time. I was working two jobs, living paycheck to paycheck and had a huge appetite for anything and everything and with commuting and living downtown with food at every corner, I took it all in. ALL IN!

Within a year of living down here, I probably packed on close to 30-40 pounds. I was at my heaviest I had ever been. My shoe size was increasing, shirts were too tight and pants ribbed within two wears. I wasn't miserable or unhappy. I was just adjusting to life. Coming out of college only a year prior, I packed on a lot of weight then too. I didn't know how to eat right, I didn't understand portion control. I figured a salad was a good option but then it would be smothered in dressing, cheese, bacon, etc. I never ordered a healthy choice, I ate frozen meals all the time, at least a bag for just my serving. I just liked to eat, I didn't understand how to eat.

In January 2011, I joined Weight Watchers. And then my transformation began. It was easy and it was fun, and the satisfaction everything else that came with it was something I had never experienced before. I loved the feeling I was getting, the inches coming off and the way I saw myself. Its been 2 1/2 years. And I have never felt, looked or been happier in my whole life.

I was looking at old pictures I had in albums on my Facebook last night, and came across this picture. It was taken the day my boyfriend and I signed our lease for our first apartment together. It was a great day! We were happy, tired, and excited to start our apartment life together. In the picture I am the biggest I ever was. At that time, I had no clue how big or bad I was. I know I didn't feel great, I was tired all the time, no energy and just beat. I thought it was because of work, stress and moving, but looking back I can see it was the weight.

I was so heavy in the face, I can't even tell that is me. My cheeks, eyes, everything just puffy. I look at that picture and smile because it just shows how far I have come. I am not your typical weight loss story, I didn't hit rock bottom or I wasn't depressed, I was just fed up. I didn't like not having clothes, I didn't like feeling like crap, I didn't like how my life was going. I still thought I was pretty and fun and bubbly. I don't look at that picture and feel anger or embarrassment. That person just needed some guidance.



The picture on the right was the day before I turned 28, just 3 weeks ago. That picture reflects who I am. I always knew this person was inside me, it just needed to shed some layers.



Now I am the happiest and healthiest I have ever been, even better than I could ever imagine. I didn't even think I would get that far. It truly is amazing what determination, motivation and the willingness to never give up will do to you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection