Overnight Oats: Pure Genius

I was never much of a breakfast person, I always said I was never hungry for breakfast, but I would always manage to shove whatever I could in my mouth just out of habit. I'm talking bagels with piles of cream cheese, donuts, boxes of cereal, coffee so sweet you could go into a diabetic shock right then and there, danish, anything sweet and gooey was my favorite breakfast. Then well my life changed and I understood what breakfast really meant and how important it is. And I of course eliminated all those habits and replaced with good ones. I still eat cereal, just now I actually eat the recommended the serving size! I also have grown to really enjoy oatmeal. I wasn't a big fan of it in the past because to me, one packet never seemed enough, I remember I would mix in two packets to make it seem like more. Geez, what was I thinking??

Then the world of Weight Watchers entered my life and I grew to really enjoy oatmeal and the idea of adding fruit, nuts, good things into and bulking it up. Hungry Girl and her cooking 300 under 300, is actually what interested me into oatmeal. She has a chapter called Growing Oatmeal bowls and well I fell in love. I would make myself one at least once a week. Flavors that were way better than the microwave single packets or cup, full of goodies and treats, that seemed to to taste way more high in points then they actually were, but like all things, life got in the way and I scaled back on making the oatmeal because of time. Seriously, they didn't take that long but I am a rush, on the go type of person 6 days out of week, so I needed to find something easier.

I have seen lots of posts about Overnight Oats and "pinning" on Pinterest. I wasn't sure what they were and how they were made, I thought you made them in a crock pot. I have learned you can make oatmeal in a crock pot but those are not the true overnight oats. Its just myself and my boyfriend, so a huge crock pot of oatmeal would be way too much and I can not commit to the same thing every day. I can across a pin of overnight oats that seemed way too easy.

1/4 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt
Then mix in whatever fruit you may want.

Another one
1/4 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
6oz of Greek Yogurt
Add Mix

Mix everything together, put in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate overnight! What the heck??!! How easy is that??? I was sold!! I had some mason jar laying around, not sure why I did, but as fate would have it, they are perfect for these!! So I pinned tons of different variations and prepared my firs batch of overnight oats. The beauty of this is its single serve, no waste, easy clean up and perfect for quick on the go mornings!!

The one I pinned and made:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats
1/4 cup of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats (uncooked) 2pp
1/4 cup of Greek Plain Yogurt ( I purchased mine from Walmart, their brand, it was cheaper) 1pp
2 tablespoon of PB2 Chocolate 1pp
1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds 1pp
1/3 cup of Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk 0pp
1 Banana 0pp



Mix the first 5 ingredients together. Stir, shake, mix however you want. Then before putting in the fridge to chill, slice up the banana and add to oatmeal. Seal the lid of your container of choice and chill until morning.



How easy!!! LOVE IT!

I am super excited about trying it tomorrow morning. 5pp and all ready to go and I have it tracked already on my app!

I am also so excited about this new found love, I have been coming up with all different kinds!!

Stay tuned!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection