Fab Finds: New Smart Ones Soups: Baked Potato and Roasted Veggie

I love eating soup. It doesn't matter if it is 100 degrees outside or below 10, I could eat soup at every meal. I was excited to see Smart Ones getting in on the action. I know Weight Watchers endorses Progresso Light, which is my favorite brand of soups to eat, so to see they came out with there own in the frozen section, I grabbed two of the flavors.

According to some emails I have received Target is the only store that will be carrying the Smart Ones soups. They are in the frozen section and a single serving. They take less than 3 minutes to cook and come in there own bowl. I think a marketing genius idea would have been including a spoon to go along with it. There are I believe 5 different flavors, I picked up 2, Loaded Baked Potato and Fire Roasted Vegetable.




The Loaded Baked Potato is 4pp and it is merely just okay. It is not all that creamy and they claim on the box to have a cheesy taste to it. The potatoes were tough and kind of crunchy, like not fully cooked and it had a very strong taste of bacon. Now all of these things are great for the soup, but not at all what I was looking for. It was watery and bland and I didn't have any pepper at work to spice it up, it really needed it. I enjoy the Progresso Light Baked Potato one much better. I probably wont try this flavor again.



The Fire Roasted Vegetable was way better and only 1pp. I love anything low in points and for soup this is perfect, especially for a single serving. The broth was tasty and spicy and the vegetables were cooked to perfection. The serving is quite small, so this would be a great addition to a salad or sandwich. I ate the soup and had a Cookie Dough Questbar later on, to give a little more substance. I will be buying this one again and again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone