Hungry Girl's Crazy for Coconut Softies

After posting and trying HG's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Softies, I was hooked and knew I was going to make every single one in the 200 under 200 Dessert book. And I am on my second choice. These ones are super delicious. They taste like an over sized Toasted Coconut Macaroon. I feel in love with them.

Crazy For Coconut Softies
3pp or 129 calories
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
2 tbsp light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temp
2 tbsp no-sugar added applesauce
2 tbsp fat free liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking sheet with no calorie non-stick spray.

In a med bowl, combine sugar, butter, applesauce, egg, and extract. Whisk thoroughly.

Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir smooth.

Stir in oats and coconut. Spoon batter onto the sheet in 6 evenly spaced mounds. You can press down on the batter with the back of a spoon to spread and flatten into 3 inch circles. I like to let them have a little mound to them. I like a chunky cookie, rather than a flat one.



Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 10 minutes. I set a timer to 10 minutes and they came out perfect.



I paired it with a glass of milk and it was great. Macaroons are one of my favorite cookies of all time and these just replaced them. Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection