Weekly Weigh In: Maintained & Success Story

You know that saying, "No news, is good news", well that definitely can apply to my weigh in today. I weighed in today after work and got on the scale and it remained the same from last week. And I am totally okay with that, 100% okay with that because that means I am doing something right. Do I wish it was a lost, of course I do, every Tuesday I hope to see that number go down. But I am okay with seeing that number just sit there for a week because it means I didn't gain and that is all I am out to do, not gain.

So after I got off the scale our meeting began. It was a great meeting tonight, it was our success meeting and I was chosen to be a guest speaker. I was asked to stand in front of my meeting and just discuss about my success on Weight Watchers. I was truly honored to be apart of this meeting. I seriously love going to my meetings, I look forward to them every Tuesday. My leader is fantastic and has become apart of my family to me. Since joining Weight Watchers I really adapted to the program and have made it my lifestyle. I believe it is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change, and I will be on this journey for the rest of my life and I'm good with that because I want this!

We were asked to answer 4 questions:

1. What was your life before Weight Watchers?
" I was tired all the time, drained and at 25 years old, I needed to not feel that way. I was ashamed of what I had become and who I was. I never thought I needed a weight loss program until I had to have my boyfriend help me take off a pair of pants because they were too tight on me. I was unhappy and lacked a drive."

2. What helped you believe you could succeed?
"Friends and family first off. My boyfriend letting me experiment with new foods and ideas. My support I gained at my meetings and the first pounds that came off."

3. What did you accomplish once you started believing success was possible?
"A whole new life!! Literally, it was as if I was reborn. I knew this life was possible for me but I had no idea how I was going to get it. I have ran 3 half marathons, going on my 4th, going from a size 22 to a size 8. My life took on a whole new meaning and form."

4. How do you keep nurturing the belief so it stays strong?
" Trying new things. Branching out and driving into the program. Holding myself accountable and returning every week to my meetings and getting on that scale, no matter how I feel. Surrounding myself with the same type of people, those who are in it to win and those you share the same passion and desire that I have."

I told my success, but really I don't need to tell my success, you can see it all over my face. The way I walk, the way I talk, just me being me, you can see how much I changed. I have success written all over me. I love my how much Weight Watchers has changed me and me telling my store tonight, was just what I needed after I maintained. Sure, I have had my share of ups and downs, I have struggled a whole bunch, but I never give up and if you are on a weight loss journey, please do the same.

Never give up!

Keep at it!

Be your own success story!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection