Running Outside

I really enjoy running outside. A lot of people ask me all the time, how the heck I run outside in Florida, its 90 plus degrees, humid, the sun is stronger then fire, bugs everywhere, little lizard like animals, oh and it is hotter then hell!!! Well the best I can say is I make it feel like I have no choice in the world, I just gotta get out there and do it. I DO NOT LIKE RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL. I loathe it, tried it a couple of times of times and it felt like I was going to die. Running outside there is so much to see, hear, paths and routes to take, people to see, the motivation of running around other people is so rewarding and fulfilling. I get it when you're in the gym it is the same thing also, but seriously running outdoors is life changing. You get a whole perspective of where you live.

But the main reason I love to run outside is because the motivation I am hoping I am giving to others. I love when people honk as I'm running, or those sitting on their front porches as I go by, or the high fives your get from fellow runners. Those driving by, I hope when they see me, they feel motivated or inspired, especially those who think they cant do it. I hope I am inspiring to maybe go home and put on their running shoes and head out the door. Or maybe I just planted a bug in their head of something they want to do in the future.

I am not in perfect shape. I have big thighs, a big butt and flabby arms that wave more back at you then my hand, but I am out there doing it. I don't care how I look all I care about is the fact I am getting in miles and accomplishing something I NEVER thought I would do.

I know this is random but this is what I think about while I run. And if you ever see me out on a run, honk, say hi, but more importantly if you can, get out and run with me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone