Nook Book Worm: Orange Is The New Black by Piper Kerman

I think I'm going to start a new post, like my Fab Finds, Daily Eats, and Weekly Weigh Ins, this one will be about my current reading I'm indulging in on my Nook. I love to read. I love getting lost in the pages, characters and story lines. As much I love to read, finding time is always hard. I need to make more time, maybe instead of watching my DVR or shopping, or even being on the computer, DEFIANTLY not stopping the blogging hahaha, I should pick up my Nook. Well, that is what I plan on doing.

My life is about to be so busy with the fast approaching holiday season, I need to get lost in a book to clear my mind and reduce stress. I love all kind of books, but I tend to read the bestsellers or the top books. I love anything and everything by Nicholas Sparks and I have a soft spot of romance novels and anything that relates to addiction, alcoholism and jail, probably because I have experienced it my life.

Yesterday on Facebook on my news feed came a sale that was going on with Nook, 50% off top selling Nook books and this time there were actual good books on the list. I could have bought a ton of books, which my wallet probably would have hated. I chose Orange Is The New Black by Piper Kerman, due to the fact the fav it is getting from the hit series on Netflix. From page one, I have been hooked. I haven't been able to put it down, I'm half way through the book. I love it.


Source: 


I have an emotional attachment to the book because as a young girl, I had to deal with my mother going to prison for 9 months of my teenage years. I often wonder what my mother thought about in prison or what it was like on the inside, it is something we don't really discuss. Yes, my mother is out of prison and has been for the past 13 years, but it is something I will live for the rest of my life. This book is all about Piper's year long stint in women's prison. The writing is easy and funny and emotional. I am half way through and I know I will finish it in the next two days. I actually will dive back into it right after this.

I will report back on this shortly with a small review, not a report lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection