Good Luck on Friday the 13th

The last couple of days have been kind of rough. I ran my long run on Wednesday which was 9.12 miles, it was great. I started early at 6:00 and was done by 7:40. It was kind of scary but enlightening running that early in the morning, I did feel like I was running looking down the whole time because I did not want to trip and fall, that is the last thing I would need. It was fantastic coming around the corner and seeing the sun rise.

I swear moments like this and that really are a spiritual experience for me and make all the pain worth it. I wasn't sore after the run and my legs felt great. But throughout the day my hungry was crazy! I was just hungry all day long, I tried to pick fiber and protein items to make myself feel better. I earned 18 points on Weight Watchers, and ended up eating 10 of those over my own  points, which I am hoping will aid in a weight loss because I am fueling what I was taking out. I ate my activity points last week and I maintained, fingers crossed.

On Thursday I planned to get up in the morning and work out before I had to do my closing shift, but when I woke up I felt like I was hit by a truck. My body was sore and I was just tired, I just wanted to lay in bed and sleep in, that is exactly what I did. And let me tell you, it felt great. I guess sometimes you just need one extra day of rest.

Today, I was going to wake up early and do a small run around my neighborhood. I really have to make sure I run at least 3 days a week, one long run, and two between 3-6 miles and then 2 of those days some kind of gym or home DVD. This morning, I had a weird feeling getting up early to run, around my neighbor is scary at times, dark, no lights and just not very safe. So I slept in and argued with myself that I was going to run after work, no matter what. I packed my clothes this morning, brought them to work and was ready to go. I seriously had an argument in my head about going. I was tired, I wanted to just go shopping or home and lie down, but I went.

I am so glad I did. I ended up getting in 4.24 miles, I was caught in a small rain storm, but through the rain, came the most beautiful and bright and completely horizon to horizon rainbow I have ever seen. It was stunning and stayed bright for 3 1/2 miles. I mean people were stopping everywhere just to see it. It is an image I will never forget, no picture was needed, something like that you never forget.

So despite how much I didn't want to run, how much I fought my own body and mind, it is so much worth it in end. My advice is curse yourself out, fight with yourself, beat yourself up and make sure you get out there and run or workout or anything because you never know what you will see, maybe a double rainbow on Friday the 13th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone