VitaTop Carrot Cake Muffin with Cream Cheese Frosting

I love carrot cake and I love Vitalicoius Vitatops. If you haven't tried these amazing gems, you are missing out. Basically what they are is the tops of cut off a muffin, THE BEST PART OF A MUFFIN, who doesn't love the top. They come frozen and you can thaw them, microwave or heat up in a toaster or toaster oven. 4 usually come in a pack when you get them in stores and you can order them online at www.vitalicious.com. I was introduced to them by Hungry Girl when I started WW and have been hooked ever since, in one of her cookbooks, one of  the early editions, she has a whole chapter on Vitatops and the many ways you can make them amazing.

They are only 100 calories and range from 2-3 points. They are only 100 calories and a fantastic way to get in your fiber intake. I am a huge fan, I haven't tried one I haven't liked. They are portable, convenient and quick, perfect for on the go breakfast, snack and even dessert. The banana chocolate chip, chocolate and carrot cake are my favorite thus far. I have been able to find them at most health food stores, Target, Walmart and Publix. Target sometimes tend to carry more than others and will have the special flavors too, like pumpkin spice and carrot cake. Vitalicious also makes a variety of other cool products, I have tried a ton of their products and have never been disappointed. I give their brand and products 2 thumbs up.

Today I tried the Carrot Cake Vitatop. Like I mentioned they are hard to find at times, so when I was at Target the other day, saw them, and in the cart they went. This morning I took my Carrot Cake Vitatop, let it thaw for a bit, then put it in my toaster oven to heat it up for about a minute or two. I took it out and smeared 1/2 tablespoon of Fat Free Cream Cheese on top of the muffin and sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon as a garnish.



It came out to be 3pp. The fat free cream cheese was 0pp and the Vitatop was 3.

It was delicious, who doesn't like a carrot cake muffin with cream cheese frosting, guilt free!! Total yummy in my tummy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection