Happy New Year 2017!!!!

Good 2017 Morning!!!!

Holy crap it is 2017. I mean wasn't it just 2016 yesterday!!!

Haha, I crack myself up and kicking off 2017 strong with the humor!

But seriously, I am I know it was coming, but dang it is crazy that 2017 and January 1 is now.

There are some things I LOVE to do on this day. One is wake up and not feel horribly hung over. I can check that off the list, we didn't do a damn thing yesterday. I had plans we were going to go out with friends and drink and all that stuff, but James really wanted to stay in and he wasn't feeling so hot, so we went to dinner at Romano's Macaroni Grill, which by the way a hidden gem we always forget about.

I had a glass of sangria. Which turned into me getting a stuffy nose. For some odd reason when I drink, I get a stuffy nose all of a sudden. I looked it up online, of course, and I could have an allergic reaction to alcohol or I am dehyrated. Sucks either way. I was sooo stuffed from dinner, we went home and crashed on our couches. Seriously I had to set an alarm so we could see the ball drop.

Then we had our midnight kiss and off to bed we went. This is 31 people and I have to tell you, I am 100% okay with it. Because I slept in today, well I woke up super early and forced myself to go back to bed, it is a day off anyway for me. And I slept in because I wanted too, not because I was hungover and throwing up.

Plans for kicking off the New Year is as follows, watch hours of the Twilight Zone, work on my planners, by a new calendar, dragging James to the mall quickly to do so, nap, probably get at least a mile run in, just because and then watch the Redskins hopefully make the playoffs. Also maybe fitting in some time for starting a new book in there.

Okay so lets take a little bit about goals and resolutions. I prefer the term goals and we are sticking to it. I set a bunch last year and I am not sure I followed through 100 with any of them, BUT I didn't give up the year ended and I just didn't hit the goal. Such as set a goal to read 50 books and I only go through 42. Heck that still is a lot of reading and so much more than I did the year prior. I wanted to get a sub 30 minute 3 miler and well I think I have gotten a bit worse with my pace because of my hip BUT I did complete a 100 day running streak last year.

So while I didn't do great with weight loss, I did track every day on My Fitness Pal, did I track perfectly, NOPE. But I tracked. And I stayed roughly the same weight.

Okay so the past is in the past right and now today is a day to start fresh.

My goals for 2017 are...

1. Lose 15 pounds and tone up!! Yes I need to lose some more weight for sure, I am feeling fluffy. BUT also I need to not be so hard on myself. I work hard on this weight loss, I make really great decisions but sometimes I have to take a seat back and appreciate how I look and the qualities I have. I am going to continue to track on My Fitness Pal and do a little bit more into Macro counting. I am going to snack more with veggies and fruit and really try to nip that carb snacking in the butt. I love pretzels and crackers. And limit to just one sweet treat a day, it can be a healthy one too.

2. PR a half marathon this year! My current fastest half marathon was 2:29, right under 2:30 I am shooting for anything better, preferably 2:20. I am running the Rock and Roll Nashville Half Marathon in April and I would LOVE for it to be that one. I am still on the fence about the Safety Harbor one in February just because I did not have a great run with it last year. Probably one of my worst half marathons, feeling wise. But I will run something for SFBDR. The Nashville one is what I am planning for. I will stick to a routine, because you know how I LOVE structure!!

3. I am going to be realistic with my work outs and running this year to. I usually set 1000 miles in 2016, pay myself for every mile. That pressure throws me off sometimes. What my goal is to track in my fitness planner all my work outs. Running at least 2 times a week, and then working out the 2-3 days. That is real plan for me because I am going to be real, work is a pain in the ass sometimes and it  gets in the way for my life. I am on my feet all day long, running laps in that store and well I get tired. BUT I know I have to make a true effort to do better, by working out in the morning and after and I will.

4. MORE EXPERIENCES. I know that sounds super vague but sometimes I feel I live my life just going through the motions. I see so many younger people doing all these great adventures and James and I sit and do the same old, same old, which don't get me wrong, I love a night in with the rest of them. But I want to do more, FUN. More concerts this year, more plays, more night outs, more little things we can do together without breaking the budget. We actually bought some Groupon's to go to some breweries and a wine night out. We have plans for some concerts and well Nashville is our big trip. I am ready to just make some memories this year rather than gifts, if that makes sense.

5. Reading more. My goal again is 50 books. I am in love with the library and I love reading, this year I will hit 50 BOOKS. Also getting back in my book club and a blog post about the books too.

6. MORE BLOGGING. Yes, I have taken a back seat a bit. I do a lot on Snapchat, FaceBook and Insta but sitting down and coming up with a post, man that gets hard sometimes. And this is coming from a girl who loves to talk lol. So with the help of Tampa Bay Bloggers and my bestie Nanci, I will be more involved, more in depth and more fun.

7. Purging. Not the scary movie kind of purge but purging of crap and stuff in our apartment. This might be our last year in this apartment and on to a house we go and James and I have a lot of shit! Seriously probably more than we should, so Organization on the home front is in full effect this year.

8. Budgting is a big one for me. I love to shop, seriously I do. But sometimes I tend to go a bit overboard and not save and then the shit hits the fan and I am scrambling. Being honest I have a ton of debt too, thanks to college and well being careless in my early 20's with credit cards. So this year it is time to buckle down. I have pinned that 52 week challenge and we have Dave Ramsey set up. My savings account is ready to be filled up.

9. Filling my Love Tank. James and I have been together for well over 8 years. And we have had lots of ups and lots of downs and sometimes the downs seem to go one forever. So I need to Fill My Love Tank back up with him. And I understand it goes both ways. So this year really focusing on us.

10. And lastly being more positive, gracious and time to be with friends and Sparkle. Okay, I just added probably 3 things into this last one, I wanted to end on 10 because then I start to get a bit stir crazy lol. But continuing my healthy and positive outlook on life two years ago, really has changed me. It has made me a better manager, teammate, leader, friend, daughter, girlfriend, etc. I find the goodness in all and I remind myself of it. I started a journal last year of writing one positive thing a night and I did good and then I forgot, I mean who forgets that. So I am continuing that on.

So that is it. Those are my goals for 2017 and my word for 2017....

SPARKLE.

Seriously I know it seems silly, but Sparkle is defined as

spar·kle
ˈspärk(ə)l/
verb
verb: sparkle; 3rd person present: sparkles; past tense: sparkled; past participle: sparkled; gerund or present participle: sparkling
  1. 1
    shine brightly with flashes of light.
    "her earrings sparkled as she turned her head"
    synonyms:glitterglintglistentwinkleflashblinkwinkshimmershinegleamMore
  2. 2
    be vivacious and witty.
    "after a glass of wine, she began to sparkle"
    synonyms:be lively, be vivacious, be animated, be ebullient, be exuberant, be bubbly, be effervescent, be witty, be full of life More
    antonyms:dull
noun
noun: sparkle; plural noun: sparkles
  1. 1
    a glittering flash of light.
    "there was a sparkle in his eyes"
    synonyms:glitterglinttwinkleflickershimmerflashshinegleam
    literarycoruscation
    "the sparkle of the pool"
  2. 2
    vivacity and wit.
    "she's got a kind of sparkle"



    And that is what I plan on doing this year!!!! 

    Thank you for continuing on this journey with me. Cheers to a new year,  new beginnings, new miles, new foods, & new chapters!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection