I hope everyone is having a great start to the New Year! I hope you had a great New Years Eve and Day and spent it with family and friends. I hope if you set some goals or resolutions this year, you are off to a great start!!!
Nanci and I are back with our Top Ten Tuesday love, but we are switching it up this year. We are only going to do it twice a month and our topics are going to be different, that way we get a little bit of everything and keep it fresh. Make sure you check out her blog every Tuesday too, to see what fun Top Ten List she has going on.
This week I am posting my first one of the New Year and giving you 10 Things About Myself you probably might not know!!!
10. I have never been out of the country, except to Canada. I love to travel and would love to travel out of the country, I have a bucket list all ready set up for it.
9. I am an only child. Even though I didn't have any brothers and sisters, I really didn't mind. I was never alone and always had cousins around or my grandparents and friends. I honestly never wanted any brothers and sisters either.
8. I worked as a bus girl into waitress at a summer resort. Working at that resort was probably one of my favorite jobs of all time. I made an amazing amount of money those summers too and worked with some of friends. I met a lot of awesome families that would come up for the week from the city, since I lived in Upstate New York, we had more of a country and small town living vibe, it was a nice escape for them.
7. I prefer flavored coffee over just plain coffee and I never drink it black. I LOVE coffee which I have definitely stated a ton of time, but I always have to flavored creamer or flavored coffee.
6. My favorite color seems to change from time to time lol. Growing up I loved orange, then I went to yellow, in college I had my whole room pink and green and then I went to pink and black, I also had it red and black. I am pretty certain now my favorite is pink and teal, but we will see in the next couple of years.
5. I tried out for chorus when I was in the second grade. Yes, this is before they let anyone and everyone get into activities and I was denied being in the chorus because I didn't sing well. Believe me until this day it still haunts me.
4. When I was in HomeEc, we took a quiz to determine what we should pursue later in life as a career. I had a couple of choices, like a vet, a librarian and a secretary. I did my whole project as a secretary. I seriously wanted that Mad Men vibe before I even saw Mad Men, thankfully that changed as I got older.
3. I applied to only 2 colleges, a college in Massachusetts and Keystone College in PA. I didn't get into the one in Mass and Keystone gave me a scholarship. I had no clue Keystone was a private college or the money I would shed out, but it was away from home, I got accepted and figured why the heck not. It was the best decision I ever made.
2. I am a pretty outgoing person but if I have to go to an event on my own, I get really nervous at first. I tend to stand off to myself until I finally open up a bit. I don't like new areas very well but I know it is outside of my comfort zone and just do it.
1. I can sing the whole song Whomp There It Is, word for word and I even would video tape myself doing it when I was younger and if I was given the chance at karaoke, that would be my song!!!