December Run Streak Challenge Day 20 and other random thoughts

Another morning I am able to get a post up before the evening. I am so glad that I did yesterday because I got home from work around 8:15 and I was beat. I mean I came home kicked off my shoes and laid on the couch, well more like flopped. We were busy, BUT every day is BUSY, I was just burnt out. Around 4:00 yesterday I started to feel super sluggish, I needed a mid afternoon pick me up. I got a cup of coffee and spotted the most beautiful little treat. Starbucks has a two pack Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark, 1 piece is only 2pp!

It was heavenly. People were probably laughing at me because I was savoring every last little piece of that heavenly bark. I needed it! I needed some sugar, some chocolate and some coffee. I saved the other piece for dessert. I know I shouldn't get one every day but I know it is there and it is taunting me. If I eat it in moderation I am good! Anyway, I got home and passed out. I had full plans of making dinner, but well I was exhausted. And even though James and I had a bit of a fight the beginning of the week, we are back to normal and he treated to me to Pei Wei last night because he could tell I just wasn't having it.

He knows how much these days put a toll on me because even when I am not at work, I am thinking at work. I'm looking at the clock waiting for the store to close, listening to my phone for calls and messages and dreaming of customers and engraving. It is a lot on one person. Granted this is the first year I am fully staffed and ready to succeed, it is still a lot. So he knows when I am starting to crash and burn. I doubt I will cook at all these next couple of days. I will be eating soup and salad every day. The Pei Wei was just what the retail, long hours, doctor ordered. Spicy Koren Chicken with Brown Rice and a small won ton soup with a piece of peppermint bark and peppermint tea. I slept like a baby.

Due to the garbage truck and my store calling me at 7:45, I was awake and figured now get my run in. My legs were moving like cement, my heart was wanting to move faster. I walked a bit more and kept it at a slower pace and did 3 miles. It felt nice to get a little bit of a longer run in. But I can tell I am starting to get tired. I am ready for December 25, not only because it is Christmas but because I can sleep in a bit and not worry about work and can run later on and relax my legs for a bit. BUT I am determined I will finish this run streak until January 1st.

It has been making a big impact on my life for the better. I do feel healthier, stronger, and I am sleeping better than I ever have been.

Since I got 3 miles in earlier, I was able to sit down and enjoy a great breakfast. I made an egg white pattie with a turkey sausage, a slice of fat free cheese, some avocado and slice of tomato on a light fiber English muffin. It was delicious. A perfect start to my day, I made one for James too.

Now I am ready to take on the day! Another long one!!

Day 20 Miles: 3 miles
Total since December 1: 42.54 miles

Comments

  1. That was a great read Angelina. I like the way you just tell it the way it is, it is refreshing. I'm proud of you for not giving in to the temptation to not run. And, one of the best things about being a runner........is you can cheat every once in a while and eat what ever you want. You know you can run it off later :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection