Hungry Girl's Cranberry White Chocolate Softies

I love Hungry Girl and love her softies recipes. I have all of her books and I was trying to find a Holiday recipe and I came across this one in her Hungry Girl To The Max one. White Chocolate and Cranberries, how could I not dive right in and I have to say these are the best ones yet. And that is saying a lot since I LOVED the pumpkin ones.

Anyway here you go:

Cranberry White Chocolate Softies

Ingredients

1/4 cup of brown sugar (not packed)
2 tablespoons Splenda Granulated
2 tablespoons light buttery spreads, room temperature
2 tablespoons no-sugar-added applesauce
2 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
2 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries, chopped ( I left them whole)
2 tablespoons white chocolate chips ( I used the extra mini kind rather than chopped)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray baking cookie sheet with PAM.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, Splenda, butter, applesauce, egg substitute and vanilla.

Then add flour, baking powder, and salt, mix all together until nice and smooth. Pour in the oats and cranberries.

Spoon the batter on to the cookie sheet into 6 mounds. Use the back of a spoon and flatten, I like to keep mine plump for added texture.

Sprinkle with White Chocolate Chips.

Bake for about 10 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.



The recipe makes 6 servings.

1 cookie is 128 calories and 3pp.

They are so delicious!

I made the 6 cookies and James devoured 2 of them and so did I. I couldn't resist, the white chocolate and cranberries were perfect together.

Total YUM!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection