National Running Day & What Running Gave Me

Happy National Running Day to all my running friends and family!!!

Of course it being this day I had to get a little bit of a run in...

After work, I came home, put on my shoes and how the door I went. There was a point before I headed out, I almost decided not too. I was tired from work, but I put on my big girl panties and successfully talked myself out of it.

Pretty proud of that. It was soo hot out and making my breathing a bit off, but I got a mile in nicely.

I wasn't done yet, I went downtown and walked with my old Weight Watchers leader. She does a weekly walk downtown on Wednesday nights, its about 3 miles and it is along the water, my favorite place in the whole world. I love these walks and it gave me some extra steps.

The best part, I got more exercise in, I didn't give up and I felt amazing after!!!

Running has done so much for me. It has given me amazing friends, I have seen some spectaular sunrises and sunsets. It has tested my strength and comfort zone. It has give me so much feeling. It really is a gift for me, physcially, mentally and emotionally.

When I think I am having a bad day, running clears that up for me. It makes me whole again. Sure I have bad runs or tough runs, but I learn from those runs even more than my good runs. It has made my legs stronger than ever before. And it has taken me on a lot of miles.

I love running because it is something I never thought I would love and it is now everything I love.

Comments

  1. Woohoo! The hardest part is just getting out the door... I've never regretted going out for a run, but there are plenty of times that I regretted NOT going out. Sounds like a lovely walk!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone