Out of Hiding

Oh man, where has the week gone and where I have been hiding. Well I have been stuck in a whirlwind of work and life and running. My mom was in town this past week, so I spent every chance that I could with her. I had to work also, so after I was heading over there each day to hang out. It of course, was a brutally cold week here in Florida, which never happens, so I was bummed out for her.

My mom was staying out on the beach, so on Sunday I decided to run along the beach, in the sand up against the water. It seemed like a great idea, right at sunset, but it a lot harder than I thought it would be. My shoes and legs felt like cement, but it was one of the most gorgeous runs I have ever had. And I realized I need to do that more often for sure.

Monday, my mom, her boyfriend, Jimmy and myself went for a 5k walk. It was kind of breezy and cold, so we did it right after breakfast. Then I just hung out with my mom all day, we shopped, got lunch and took a nap. Tuesday, began my long work week, in which I was training a new DM for the VA area and brought a closing shift. So no mom that day. On Wednesday, I went over right after work and got 3 miles in too before we ate dinner. It was a very windy night, but it felt amazing.

What was even better was after my run, getting in my sweats and laying around watching Christmas movies with my mom. It made the long days, so, so worth it. Thursday was just a night after work, we just hung out. I had a great visit with my mom, wish the weather was much nicer for her or we had more time together, but anytime I get to see her, makes me extremely happy.

On Friday, after work, I seriously just wanted to take a nap and relax and catch up on my DVR and that is exactly what I did. Yesterday, before my closing shift, I got my run in, I got 3 miles in. It felt really good to do it before work and put me in a great mood all day.

Today, we had a last minute floor set to accomplish, so I was at work at 7:00 am getting that done. I hardly slept last night, not sure what is up with me, but I kept getting up around 3 every morning and having a really hard time going back to sleep. A mixture of limited sleep, lots of moving around and lots of coffee, did not mix with my body at all today. My stomach was all over the place. I got home from work around 3:30 and took a quick nap and then went for a run.

I got 2.45 miles in. My stomach was just not having it, the weather was hot and I was still exhausted, but I did get out there for a bit. Starting Thursday, I will be doing a run streak from Thanksgiving to New Years Day. I will be blogging every day, like I did last year. It keeps me accountable and keeps me sane.

So as boring as my life has been, this is where I am at. No more absence from me from now on. Life should be back to normal for a bit with just work. Hope everyone has a good week :0)

Comments

  1. So glad you had a nice visit with your mom and that it took you to the beach so many days in one week. We are so lucky to live near the beach, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone