Sunday Run/Funday

Good Sunday Morning!!!

So I survived that beyond crazy week. 55 hours of work and I made it out alive. Even though I should buckle down and get used to this because once the end of the month is here, well my work weeks look like that all the time and then some.

But I made it through, even though it was a hard week for me. I am not 100% sure why, but it really was. I am thinking because ever since my marathon, which has been 4 weeks, I cant believe I even wrote that, I haven't really truly rested. So I think my body was saying this week, slow down, rest a bit, I will be waiting for you when you are ready.

I felt guilty every day. My heart was so into working out, getting up early, etc but my mind and body were not on the same wave length. And I felt gross and felt like I was obsessing over my appearance too in the mirror. Which yes, I tend to do that at times, but this week, I really was all over the place. Not sure if exhaustion had anything to do with that or the event, I really was feeling the effects of not having any endorphin's flowing through my veins.

But I have to say I have really been sticking to my WW points this week. James and I went out on Friday night. We were suppose to go to a Wine Festival, but it turned out it was Saturday not Friday. So we decided to go to Downtown St. Pete and partake in the First Friday festivities. We haven't done that in a long time and it was a lot of fun. Lots of fun. It was just James and I and we had a blast. We had some drinks, ate some bar like food and listened to a pretty awesome cover band. The weather was a bit chilly, which was a nice change of pace and all in all it was a great night.

I did eat some food I don't normally eat and I could feel it the next day. So I drank a lot of water yesterday, got right back to my points and felt really proud of that. I was feeling kind of sick yesterday too. I woke up with a really bad headache, no energy and my glands were swollen all the way around. My body was pissed at me lol.

So this morning, I slept in until 8. Got up and went for a run. I was going to sweat no matter what. I ran around our neighborhood, went down some side streets, I have never gone down before and it felt good. My body was going a little slower since I hadn't ran since Saturday and pains in my calves and such were still there, but I missed it. I love running, just to run. Just to work up a sweat, get my blood pumping, to feel that out of breathe feeling and happiness after words. I feel so much better from those 3.1 miles than I have truly felt all week.

It was just what I needed today to kick off the week. I will be better this week and going forward. I think mentally, physically and emotionally I needed a week like last week. And that is okay, it will happen and I will be okay with that.

Now I am off for the day, it is a little gloomy here as we had rain all night last night, so I plan on a little grocery shopping and then some reading, cleaning and laundry. Ughh, laundry is the death of me.

Hope you are having a great Sunday.

And congrats to my good friend Nanci!! She just completed 20 miles. Her longest run to date. Her marathon is in exactly 3 weeks!!! She has been so determined and dedicated to her training it is so inspiring. She got me through my marathon. She begins her taper and that journey to 26.2 miles. I am so proud of her and all she has accomplished now, can not wait to see and have her text me she made it across that finish line. She will kill it! Awesome job Nanci!!!

Comments

  1. Thanks, girl! YOU are getting me through MY marathon training! I have been even more excited since you ran your marathon. And how is it already 4 weeks since you ran it??? Time is flying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection