FlapJACKed Protein Pancakes

I cant believe that is has been a week since my accident. 7 full days. Despite how cranky I was, this week really has flown on by. And I can say my ankle seems to be healing up quite nicely. I am not sure if it really is on the medical side of it all if it really is, but mentally and the fact I walk a little bit on it, seems like a good plus for me. I still am having some pain, but not a tremendous amount.

Today, it is a super rainy day here in Florida, which for once is kind of nice. One, because I don't feel so bad just laying around and resting when it isn't a beautiful day out. It actually feels really nice and cozy in our apartment, so nice I think I might take a nap soon lol. I am though seriously ready to get back to work. I want to dress up again, shower every day, etc. Yes, I have not showered every day because what the heck is the point. I have stayed in numerous types of P.J.s this week and I am kind of okay with that.

Since I have been subjected to doing a lot of stuff online, which Pinterest, Influenster, CrowdTap and others have been a huge part of keeping me busy, so has Amazon and shopping.

I received two 5.00 gift cards through Crowdtap last month. Crowdtap is an awesome website where you do challenges, answer survey questions and do tasks for various brands and you enter into prizes each month, like gift cards to Target, Walmart, and Amazon. It is pretty neat and sometimes you get to sample products.

With the two gift cards I receieved I ordered FlapJack Protein Pancake Mixes. They are hard to find at stores, so shopping online for them is much easier. I have tried a flavor of theirs before in one of my subscription boxes and really enjoyed them. So I found them on Amazon and got a great deal. 10.50 for the 3 bags, which I also signed up for Amazon Prime for a free 30 day trial.


Once I got them in, I knew EXACTLY what I would having for breakfast each morning. First was the Apple Cinnamon.

The instructions are quite easy 1 cup of water with 1 cup of mix. Those instructions are for if you are serving two people. I did just 1/2 cup of mix and 1/2 cup of water, which gave me 3 pancakes.


I cut up a small apple and sprinkled it with cinnamon and put it in the microwave for about a minute and then layered it in between the pancake and drizzled them with sugar free syrup!!! Holy Yum!!! The pancakes taste great and have 15 grams of protein, making me feel fuller longer. I love that!!!

Since I became quite obsessed with these, I made the banana Hazelnut the next day.


These ones I added Blueberries to them and sugar free syrup. This flavor came to 5pp and 4pp for the apple cinnamon.

I am obsessed with making pancakes now. What I like about these is you can make a lot of them and freeze them and the defrost them when I want them. Plus I mean the possibilities are endless with toppings!!!

If you want a filling breakfast and looking to add more protein, find them and I promise you will love them!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone