Upper Body Cardio and Cooking

Happy Hump Day!!!!!

Things over here in one ankle land are doing quite fine. Actually today is the first day I haven't hurt all that much. I can actually walk around without the boot and there is no pain. Please fingers crossed tomorrow when I go to the Doctors, he says I am good to go and I just need an air cast of some sort.

I have been using this Upper Body Cardio Work out from YouTube this week too...


It is wonderful!!! My arms feel like jell-o and my shoulders are on fire. I can do it sitting down and it feels amazing. I am asking the Doctor tomorrow a million questions on my running and walking too. I am guessing I am going to go back to the Galloway method to get my stride back and start from the beginning.

I think I have re-evaluate some goals this year too. Such as 1000 miles in 2015. I am sure I can make these miles up I have missed but not much, but we shall see. Also Gasparilla is hanging over my head too. I really want to do the 8k, I mean I REALLY want too, but I am still up in the air. I am going to ask the doctor and see his advice and with how my ankle is healing.

These last couple of days I have been getting a ton of rest. Sleeping in late, no alarm, taking naps and staying up late. I miss my routine, and I have been consumed with 30 Rock on Netflix! Another show I never watched while it was on air and really should have. This show is hysterical. I am saddened to say yesterday, I watched a whole season in one day. It felt really good to just be relaxed, maybe this was what my body needed all along, but today, today I need to read some of a book and get out for a bit.

Since I have been broken, James and I have been eating in every night during the week. And because I am on my compute most of the day, I have been able to look up some great recipes. I highly recommend Emily Bites. She is amazing!!! She makes feel food, comfort food, casseroles, unique takes on old items and makes them into low points for Weight Watchers.

Her tag line comfort food made simple. I have been dying to try a lot of her stuff but make excuses that it is too much work, etc. But this week since I have been able to get up and move, I put her stuff to the test.

First I made her Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole...



It was soo good and James was very impressed. He couldn't stop eating it. And he kept saying I need to twist my ankle more often to get meals like this lol.

Then we tried her Deep Dish Sloppy Joe Casserole...


This was really great too but I didn't use the right pizza crust so it wasn't as deep as it should have been but seriously really delicious.

Make sure to check out her website, she has a lot of great ideas. I am making another one tonight too. Which is right in line with another one of my goals this year was to expand and try new stuff and cook more rather than the same old stuff.

Hope everyone is having a good week!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection