Reflecting on my 20's!!!

Good Friday Morning Everyone.

I am over here doing my happy dance because I have the whole weekend off, James has the whole weekend off, it's my Birthday tomorrow and we are celebrating it all weekend, downtown. James got us a hotel for the weekend and we are having a staycation. He needs it more than ever as he has been working so hard these last few days, going on almost 2 weeks too without a day off. So it should be a great time.

I am also doing my happy dance because I got a 2 mile run in this morning. It was muggy because it had just rained and my legs were a bit sore, but I got up and got it done. My last run in my 20's.

Okay so a little reflection on my 20's.

My 20's were pretty darn great if I do say so. I did lots of fun and awesome things. I graduated College, lived in PA, NY, MA and FL. I have made some pretty amazing friends, and lost some also.. I went out for years and enjoyed the night life, especially while I was in college. I had two cars in my 20's and the last one has stuck with me for the last 7 years. I cried over guys, I loved and currently still in love with the same guy. I had a one night stand. I got my 3rd tattoo, piercings and dyed my hair all different shades.

I worked at Piercing Pagoda, Kay's, Yankee Candle, a Temp agency and now currently Things Remembered, where I have been promoted twice.

I had fights with friends and then realized the ones who matter the most in your life will always be there. I found out there is no place like home, even if I don't live there anymore. I moved in with James. I hate horribly and then found Weight Watchers. Lost weight and look better than I ever could have imagined.

I realized family means the absolute most to me in this world. I lost my Father and there is not a day or year that goes by that I wish I could change that. I wish it never happened but it made me stronger.

I found the love of running. And besides James, running is my second love of my life. It really came at a perfect time for me. I think things happen for a reason and running was that thing. It has shaped me in more ways than one and I can not imagine my life with out the joy and simple act of running. It has taken me on journeys I never thought imaginable. I finished 7 half marathons, countless 5k's and my biggest accomplishment, my 26.2.

My 20's were great. Sure there were a lot of downs and low points, but the good points outweigh them more so much. I have smiled more than cried and laughed even harder. I entered my 20's as one person and grew up into someone I never knew I could be. I never saw my life of what it could be, but my 20's gave me the stepping stone of potential to take me there.

I don't regret my 20's. They were fun and everything I could think of being and then some.

I never really thought where my life would be at this point as I enter my 30's but I can tell you one thing, I am so happy at how far I have come and where I am headed and what got me there!!!!

A little advice, embrace it all and I promise you it will all work out.

Hop on the ride of life, let it go to the wind and just ride it out. The journey is so worth it!!!

And I can not wait to see what I have in store for the next 10 years!!

Comments

  1. You have a lot to be proud of! Happy birthday, and have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much to be proud of. And I am so thankful we are friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection