Setting Up My Week for Success

Happy Monday Morning!!!

It is still a dark and stormy week here in Florida. I really don't mind it all that much because it gives me excuses to get things done in my life. Like cleaning our apartment and organizing a bit. When it is gorgeous, typical Florida weather, I feel guilty when I am inside, I feel like I should be out at the pool or beach or something. It is a constant battle haha.

I have a lot of those.

So yesterday, my day off, I planned on cleaning and organizing my life again. It was cloudy and not a pool day, and made for an enjoyable time. I got a ton done and when I finally sat down and looked at it all, I had such a relief. I mean I could literally feel the weight of stress being lifted off of me, like Angels flying to the Heavens.

Not sure why I cared that much stress around with me on it, but I did. And I have to tell you, it just set me up for success for this week. I started and finished a whole book too yesterday.



Really good book. Quick and easy and I just couldn't seem to put it down. It was a sweet book and I loved the chapters style of how it was sit up and covering 3 people who mix together in some way or another. I stayed up till 12:30 just because I wanted to finish it. Thank you to Nanci, whom reads some pretty awesome books, I follow her on GoodReads and took her recommendations, she hasn't been wrong yet. And if you are on GoodReads, follow me with Angelina Allerton.

One of my goals this year was too read more and I have to say I have been sticking to it. I am half way there with my reading goal of 30 books, maybe I just might hit more. I also went and got a library card. Yes, I know I am in the old ages, but I never renewed one when I moved from downtown to where we currently live. Plus I wanted to save some money and rather than spending money through my Nook, just find some Gems at the Library.

This week I am also bringing the heat with working out and eating right. I had a gain of 1.5 pounds this past weigh in. I knew it was going to happen with taking the medication for my teeth and then my Birthday fun, it was going to happen and I was okay with that. Because I had a freaking blast and then moved on.

So this week of course, once I am in a mindset, Aunt Flo comes to town. BUT  I am fighting that with every urge, even though that brat makes me so tired. This morning, I hit the snooze a million times, and I literally got up, put my contacts in and then laid right back down. I have to close tonight at work, which for a Monday, already has me screwed up, I need to get my work out in before hand. I know I have stated it before but I love having my mornings before work to relax, BUT I fought it today. I got up, had my coffee and then went to the gym. I had 20 minutes on the bike and then 33 minutes on the elliptical. I was drenched in sweat.

And I felt pretty darn good. Sure, I am a bit tired, but I started my morning off right. And now I don't feel guilty at all. I am also in a Facebook Motivation Group this week and in 2 FitBit challenges, which all of these together make me sooooo motivated and keep me going. I love a little competition in my FitBit challenges and really forces me to get out there. And the Facebook Page holds me accountable.

I have to say I am truly set up for success then this week. I am going to weigh in on Friday because our friend is having a 30th Birthday party and I want to be able to have a few drinks and he cooks amazing, so have some food.

And to leave you with some Monday Motivation...




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection