Sometimes Life Just Gets In The Way

To define this week, I would have to say, is sometimes life just gets in the way and sometimes you just have to go with it.

I had full intention these last few days to get some sort of a work out in. Because I closed at work on Wednesday and Thursday, and both being long, busy days, I knew I wanted to rest a bit. Wednesday I did get to PT, so some movement but now cardio. Friday and today, well they just went down the drain.

Yesterday, was a long and busy day. I was at work super early, getting so much accomplished and then immediately right to PT. After PT, I had to drive to Tampa to pick up my Bib and shirt for IronGirl. The ride to Tampa was horrible!! I mean absolutely horrible, I was stuck in traffic for a hour and 20 mintues. My cars AC is on the fritz and well it is hot as balls in Florida again now, so being in 10 mile per hour driving and heat makes me extremly unhappy and miserable.

And very, very hot.

By the time I got to Tampa, I was beat. I picked up my race packet and even got to meet Jessica over at TampaMomRuns. I would have loved to chatted more with her, she recognized me right away and she is so sweet. It is so nice to finally meet some of my Instagram favorites and bloggers. I cant wait and continue to meet more.

The Fit2Run in Tampa is pretty amazing. They have a smoothie bar right in the store and since I was hungry and hot, I decided to get one of their Acai Bowls. They were out of Acai, so I tried the Pitaya. Which honestly I had no clue what it was, but it sounded good. It turns out to be very similar to a dragon fruit. The bowl is mixed with pureed pitaya, organic hemp seeds, organic soymilk, strawberries, pineapple and bananas. It was refreshing and delicious. I am looking for this on menus now more often.

Since that drive took everything out of me, I did not want to drive back home, luckily I got home in a quick manner. It was almost 8 when I got home, I was exhausted and starving so I called James we were going out to dinner. We went to Chilis and I had the best dinner ever.

I ordered their new 6oz sirlion with Grilled Avocado. It came with a side salad and grilled tomoatoes. When I tell you it was amazing, that would be an understatement.



I forgot to take a real picture. But this was a perfect dinner, 410 calories and only 11pp. Allowed me to have two draft Miller Lites and a skinny watermelon margarita. Delicious and turned my mood right around.

Today, I worked all day, my foot was bothering me. So after work, I did a majoy grocery shopping, which broke my budget but we were out of everything and I was sick of not having anything in our house, which had me making bad decisions. So spending tons of money on groceries, is okay with me, if it keeps me on track.

Once I got home I got into cleaning mode, so I can enjoy my time after Iron Girl tomorrow before I have to go into work and then my full day off on Monday. By the time I literally sat down it was 9:00 o'clock. I did beat myself up again for not getting a run in or the gym, but life happened.

I had to do other things. I know I should make more time for working out and I will, but this was just an off week. Plus now I know I have nice rested legs for my fun run tomorrow. I am nervous and excited. My first big run and race since injury. It should be a great time. I am not getting a PR at all, it will be probably my worst time, seriously all I want is that finish line experience. I just love crossing it and overcoming everything that came up with it before that.

I will overcome the pain and frustration, I will fight back against this year.

So my advice this week, let life happen. Sometimes you are going to miss a few days, things will get in the way, don't let it overcome you. Don't stress and get upset or beat yourself up, so put on your big girl panties and make the next week better!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection