A Little Week and Weekend Update

Things around my world have just been pretty simple. Last week was a rough week for me, mentally and physically. I felt great going into the week and then Wednesday just did it in for me. I had a stressful day at work and then I just was off and out of it. Aunt Flo came to visit, so I know that had a lot to do with it and I was super snacky at times. So I was so happy to begin this week.

Thursday  night we met up with some friends on the beach..


The best part of this outfit was the look James gave me. He told me he loved the outfit and thought I looked fantastic. I got the blazer from Pink Slate Boutique, which is by far my favorite online store to shop from.


This boy really gets me and makes me crack up. This is what I get when I try to take a picture. We met up with some friends from college who were staying on the beach, no beach pictures it was a cloudy night haha.

Friday night I had to close at work so it was a pretty chill night for me. I made dinner and was in bed quite early.

Yesterday I had a decent day at work and then went to Publix for grocery shopping. Which despite paying all the money, I love to grocery shop. James told me he was bringing home dinner, which turned to not be so, and I got in a really bad stage of Hangry! It was horrible, but we finally ordered some pizza, not the best idea, but I wanted it and so did he, it was so worth it.

This morning I woke up with a clear mind and a pep in my step ready to take on the new week and day. I am turning 30 in 3 months and I want look my very best. I mean the best I can be!!! So I turned on a new mind frame today. No more making excuses or saying I am tired or my ankle hurts. Yes there will be times when that does happen but a day of rest should be just fine. I am going to use our gym and run when I can during the week.

I signed up for the Iron Girl 5k, which is April 12th. I love this race and just couldn't fathom the idea of not being there, even if I have to walk or crawl to get to the finish. So I have set my goal and I am going to reach it by July 18th.

That means cleaning up my eating and cleaning up my work outs. I will be documenting it too, not all the boring parts but the small things and see how it will all turn out by my birthday. I just want to bring on the new decade of my life, better than ever.


So saying goodbye to that arm jiggle and my sad excuse for a flex break. I did 25 minutes with the elliptical and an arm work out from Skinny Meg. I murdered my arms and it felt so good. It is progress not perfection. I will amp it up as the days go on, but doing it to make me happy and see progress is what I am all about.

My lunch today was on point too...


I was full and satisfied. Half of a large sweet potato, greek yogurt some strawberries and cashews! 6pp for all of it.

Then I met up with my friend Jacke, whom I have not see in forever, I mean since Thanksgiving and we went for a run. She is getting back into running too from an injury, but the best part was just getting back together and talking about life. She is finishing up nursing school and doing Weight Watchers. I am so proud of her because her life is so crazy and hetic, but she is doing awesome!!!


I am closing out this great Sunday with some turkey burgers and a nice of relaxation with my Bubba.

Hope you had a great Sunday too!!





Comments

  1. Looks like a great weekend. I hope we can get together very soon! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Nanci!!! I really want to, We have to see each other before Iron Girl and we need a lunch or coffee date or something asap

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection