Where did February go???

First off I can not believe it is March 1!!!


Where the heck did February go???

February was a really fast and tough month for me...

But it was also a growing month for me. Obviously with the ankle injury it was not how I wanted to kick off the month or the year, but I have to come to realize that is just how life is. Seriously!

It has been exactly a month since I last ran. 4 whole weeks. I am dying inside a little bit. I have been distracted this month with getting better the last week or so. There have been some slight set backs, but I can tell this is going to be a long process and ongoing. As much as I want to wake up every day and feel great, it just is not going to happen. Some days will be better than others and some are going to just down right suck.

Like yesterday and this morning so far. Yesterday, the weather was rainy and nasty all day long. I could feel it in my ankle for sure. I did some shopping after work and by the time I got home, I HAD to sit down and elevate that ankle. It was throbbing and swollen. I hate that feeling and today, it has that underlying pain too.

So I decided to just do some stretches with it and tomorrow we will try the treadmill. I think a part of me is scared. For some reason that treadmill scares me, but the idea of going out on the road, I am all for. I am ready to run too.

Like itching for it. I do need to get new shoes for it, and if clearance from the doctor on Wednesday, I am going to do just that. It is going to suck to cough up the money, but I know I need those new shoes, I can not use the ones I have.

So that's where I am at with my ankle, each day is something new. When I think I am good, it likes to creep its way back. What it doesn't know is I am going to give it exactly what it needs.

Also yesterday was Weigh In day. I am officially with Weight Watchers Online now. I started the other day. The only difference, is I weigh in at home and pay 20.00 cheaper. Sure, I can do this on my own and use FitnessPal and count calories, but I can say, I truly love Weight Watchers. I have a number in mind of where I want to be and then I will see if that is what I want to do.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was down another 1.8!!! I have not had this great of a success in a really long time. It feels amazing and the confidence I have is truly getting back up there. I have had a struggle for a whole year with this scale and I am hoping this is moving back down. I am now at 166.2. And I am very close to winning that diet bet.

The one problem is next week I will be in New York. I am going to be very cautious of what I eat and how I spend my points. I am going to limit my snacking a whole bunch and portions. There is no need for me to go crazy while home. I am going to just keep doing what I am doing and keep the idea of Vacation out of my head.

James and I are headed to a Spring Training game today for the Phillies. While I would love to just spend the day being lazy, I am so excited to have a day off with him. Just us, letting loose for the day.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday also!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection