Weight Loss, Working Out and Running Update

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Can we just stop and look at the calendar!!??

It is May 1st!!! Holy crap where is this year going. 5 months in already and 7 more to go. 2 months and 17 days until my 30th Birthday too.

And my working out and getting Hot As F**k for the Dirty Thirty is on too. Let me rephrase that Hot As because really, I just want to look my freaking very best, hot or not lol.

I haven't done much of a weight loss update here in awhile so I figured May 1st would be a nice update for it. Considering today was suppose to be a run morning, but I woke up with my ankle and heel really bothering me. This has been the first time it has been uncomfortable in over a week. So while, I did not want to have an unplanned rest day, I have to listen to my body, especially with this ankle, not only does it hurt my running but honestly my every day life. Remember at work, I am on my feet all day long, seriously from start to finish. I can not take days off of work for my ankle because I don't have the time and we run into our second craziest time of the year, starting this weekend.

Last night in the middle of the night, something woke me up with such a fury. I had fallen asleep on the couch. I closed last night and was laying on the couch unwinding and reading and then fell asleep. Something woke me up and I jumped out of bed, yelling out "Dad??" James in the kitchen getting a drink and looked at me like I was crazy. When getting up, I stepped down really, really hard on my ankle, it sent chills up my spine, it was very strange and ever since then it has been sore. I have no clue what woke me up like or calling out my Dad's name, I have never done that before. Just strange.

So anyway I am taking the morning before work, to stretch my ankle, legs and do some moves with our toning ball for my arms. The workout with Women's Running, is going really well. My pace and speed are getting back there too.

Sunday...



Wednesday...





Both of these runs were 2:1's. Sunday was x7 and Wednesday was x8. I can feel my endurance building back up a bit. The second run, I did in the middle of the afternoon, not the best, but hey I got it done. Plus, I really like having my mornings to relax and unwind. I have no set plans or races to accomplish this summer, so it's really nice to just unwind.

I got to the gym yesterday, very quickly because I had a conference call going on and then this morning just doing a little strength.

My weight loss has been on and off lately. The one thing that is bothering me is the up and down of 1-2 pounds, my body will not just get over it. It just keeps jumping. So this week, I am concentrating 100% on making that number move. Weight Watchers online has been really good too. I do enjoy doing it all my own. I hold myself accountable which I like BUT the bad thing is I am weighing myself every day, which some days it's great and some days I just obsess or get mad at the number.

I weigh in, every Saturday. I was thinking about not weighing in one week, like this week, just because of the number I saw on the scale, but you know what, who the heck cares. That number does not define me, it is a guide for me to do better, it is a goal and just like when  I was running and increasing my numbers with marathon training, I have to treat my weight loss the same way. It is not going to be easy, it is going to take some work and dedication, but slowly.

Marathon training last year, did quite a number on my body. While I saw some amazing definition in my legs, god were they strong, my belly took a hitting for sure. And it has been hard to get it off, but since completing the marathon, I have lost 5.8 pounds.

I am pretty darn happy about that looking back now. I mean I have gone through some crap in those months too, so some progress is great progress.

I always, own to my numbers because those are my numbers. I earned those gains or losses either way, no need to hide from them, But I always judging by how I have been feeling in my clothes and picturs. Try that, it makes a world of a difference I feel.

My clothes are defintely fitting much better these days and I feel better. My energy is getting back up there, I am sleeping better, my pants and shirts feel better. So while, I am not always updating my weight loss, know I am working hard towards it.

But I will get back to the weekly posts too, it holds me accountable.

So thank you for continuing to read along with my weight loss journey. I am in a really good place now and hope you are too.

Have a great weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone