Hungry Girl Chunky Monkey Cake Mug

I have a wicked sweet tooth!!! It is bad at times, but from Weight Watchers and the help of Hungry Girl, I have learned to tame my sweet tooth, but get pure satisfaction at the same time. Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillen came out with a new cookbook this year called 200 Under 200: Just Desserts. The book is dedicated to nothing but desserts, all that are under 200 calories too, SCORE!!! I have to admit I have had this book for a couple of months and this was only the second recipe I have made out of the book, but the book is so amazing and I have put this on my list to make sure I make more desserts from it.

I had some extra points the other night, so I cracked the spine on my cookbook and flipped through. It was late so I wanted to make something quick. The first chapter is dedicated to nothing but cake mugs. If your not sure what a cake mug is, well, its the most amazing invention ever!!!! You take some tablespoons of dry cake mix, egg beaters, some water, other ingredients, microwave and you have your own personal size cake!! This chapter is genius and luckily I had all the items in my kitchen. I choose the Chunky Monkey, because I love anything that involves bananas.



Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons moist style devil's food cake
1 tablespoon fat free liquid egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
1 tablespoon fat free cream
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of chopped banana
2 tablespoon Fat Free Reddi whip
1 teaspoon chopped walnuts

Directions
In a microwave-safe mug, big coffee mug, or bowl, spray with non-stick spray (PAM), combine the liquid egg, sour cream and baking powder, mix. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix until uniform. Stir in 2 tablespoon of banana.

Microwave for 1 min and 45 secs, or until set.

Run a knife along the edges to separate the cake. Place mug over a plate and flip so the plate is right side up. You want the mug to sit on the plate, you might have to run the knife over the edge again.

Let the cake cook completely, at least 15 minutes.

Top the cake with the remaining 2 tablespoons banana. Top with Reddi-whip and sprinkle with walnuts.

I also drizzled some Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup and used the rest of the banana and cut up pieces.





This was delicious!!!! The cake was moist, the banana was perfect. It tasted way more points than it was,

5pp or 190 calories.
4g of fat
35.5 g carb
2g figber 
4.5 protein

Eat up and Enjoy!! Perfectly portioned!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection