Hungry Girl's Pan Fried Chicken Parm

Travel day with work and since I had some major windshield time I of course think about nothing other than food. I knew we had chicken and I had some Fiber One, I know that sounds like the craziest combination ever, but in Hungry Girl land, Fiber One is a staple when wanting something that is fried. And I knew I wanted Chicken Parm of some sort. I had made this recipe before and it was so good and even easier and the bonus I had everything at all already, so no need to stop at the grocery store. Made the chicken parm and paired it with Knorr Tomato Parm Noodles and a side of Broccoli with Tomatoes. Chicken Parm was 7pp and the noodles were 4pp and the meal 100% delicious!! Even boyfriend approved.

Here ya go...
Disclaimer, this is not my recipe. I did not make it up or create it, it is from Hungry Girl and from her book, 300 Under 300 cookbook. Check out her website at Hungry Girl!!

This makes 2 servings.

Ingredients

1/2 cup Fiber One Bran cereal
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, or more to taste
1/8 tsp salt, or more to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder, or more to taste
1/2 tsp onion powder, or more to taste
1/4 cup canned tomato sauce with Italian seasonings
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
2 (4 oz) raw boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Optional seasoning: black pepper

Directions 

In a blender or food processor, grind cereal into crumbs. Transfer to a wide bowl and mix in Italian seasoning, salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce with remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

Place egg substitute in another wide bowl. One at a time, using tongs, coat chicken cutlets with egg, I used my fingers, not shame in playing with my food, shake to remove excess, and coat with crumbs. 

Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Lay coated cutlets in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through.

Evenly spread sauce over chicken cutlets, still in the skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Cook until cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Enjoy!



Nutrition Information
Per serving:
1 Chicken Parm
7 Points Plus
258 calories, 6g fat, 684mg sodium, 16.5g carbs, 7g fiber, 1g sugars, 38.5g protein

This can also be seen and taken from here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection