December Run Streak Challenge Day 31: Happy New Years Eve

Holy Macaroni and Cheese Balls it is New Years Eve!!!!

I cant believe that in 11 hours the year is over...wow where did it go.

I was so busy running, it just crept right up on me.

But if you want to read my reflection on 2013, which was a pretty great one, scroll down, its the next post :0)

Okay so day 31...I originally set my alarm for 7:30 to run this morning. I knew I wanted to do at least 4 miles. 4 miles have been my go to mileage lately, plus its an easy route for me and enough to stretch out my legs. And when running 4 miles I earn about 8 activity points and burn almost 450 calories. Pretty awesome.

Well I ended up sleeping in until 830. I was having a pretty intense dream and I didn't even realize I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep. Once awake I got dressed and hit the street. The weather is great for running, no humidity and just enough of a breeze. It really was the best way to end 2013.



Last year this day I started a big part of my running journey. This was the time that I really put the pedal to the medal and started the journey. On this day last year, I ran 6 miles in an hour and 13 minutes. An average pace of 12.18. This year I ran 4 miles in 43 minutes and an average pace of 10:45. What a difference a year can make.

I wanted to document my running last year into this year and I got a running journal. I was really strict with it, with writing down each and every run and how I felt, the pace, the time and the location, just all the details of it. Well I made it for most of the year and then I forgot about it. Well I back tracked and filled in based off my Runtastic App and I ended up running this whole 823.46 miles!!!!!!!

Woohoo!!!

I cant even believe that I ran that much in a year. This is the girl who would never ever run. Well my goal for 2014 is to hit 1,000 miles in a year. But my goals for 2014 will be to be continued until tomorrow when the new year begins.

So one more day of my Run Streak of running at least a mile a day from December 1-January 1st!

Day 31: 4.13 miles
Total since Dec. 1st: 75.07 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection