December Run Streak Challenge Day 3 and Weekly Weigh In

I have been playing around with a post title for my run streak and I am sticking with this December Run Streak Challenge, little wordy but it gets to the point, haha. So today was Day 3 and just so happens to be my day off. While I would LOVE to sleep in today, I knew I would have to run in the morning because I have some stuff going on later today which wouldn't allow me to run tonight.

So my alarm was set for 7 and I got up and got the day started. What I am enjoying about this is each day is a different mileage. I am just going out there and doing what is right for me. Since I had started running, I have always had a plan, such as today I do 5 tomorrow, I do 9, rest, etc. I love plans because I enjoy being organized but with the time of this month, plans do not happen, work happens and life. So I enjoy just being able to go out and do whatever. I am literally just going out there with my music, my feet and my heart.

I am not running with my  Gym Boss to do splits, even though I have my Runtastic app going, I am really not paying attention to the time or distance or pace. Like I said some days will be better than others. Yesterday was a good one, today was just okay. I started out great and then tapered off a bit, I listened to my body and walked when I needed it. I am really trying to run a longer distance without walking, but I am so trained from the Half Marathon splits, it is a bit difficult.

But this run streak is all about me just getting out there, being active and enjoying the reason I run. This morning I got in 3 miles. The weather was perfect and afterwords I felt refreshed and energized.

Day 3 Streak
Mileage 3 miles
Total since December 1- 8 Miles

Now on to the weekly weigh in portion I do on Tuesdays, which happen to be my Weight Watchers weigh in day. As stated I am off today, so on those days I weigh in the morning so I can enjoy the rest of my day off and move at my own pace. I haven't been to a meeting BUT I have not missed a weigh in. Next week I should be able to attend a meeting.

After my run this morning and a conference call for work right after words, I went and weighed in and to my very happy surprise I was down 1.8 pounds. I will take that as a huge win considering last week was very tough, with Thanksgiving and a Wedding on Saturday, BUT it goes to show how much Weight Watchers has taught me. I can still live my life, attend functions and still lose weight. I made the right decisions, I earned activity, I drank my water and I didn't over indulge and it resulted in a weight loss. I am very happy with that.

Down 1.8
Current weight 151.4
Starting weight 234.2
Total since start: 82.8

I am keeping that mentality all week and hoping for another good loss next week, but hey even if there isn't a loss, I know there are results beyond the scale!

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday. I am off to run some errands and appointments and then enjoy the rest of this day off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection