One of those Monday's

Today was one of those days! Seriously from start to finish. I didn't want to get up at all, I slept in until the last possible minute before I had to get ready for work.  I packed some overnight oats and some almonds and tuna for lunch. Like I said, we had nothing in our apartment. Work was crazy today for me, constantly moving and trying to get everything set up and ready to go since I will be off for a week. I know my store will be fine, I just want to make sure it is 100% so I feel better about it. I had no time to eat but drank as much water as I could. I ate my almonds and an energy bar I had left there. I got out of work tired and worn out but my mind was all over the place and anxious, so as much as I didn't want too run, I knew I had too.

Not just for training but for my sanity!! My right calf was bothering me a bit but I know it's because of my flats. I need to wear my sneakers these next few days. The run felt okay, I was trying to warm up a bit and really just wanted to move. I didn't bring my beeper and just ran until I had to walk, which was very similar to my run-walk-run. I'm pre programmed now haha. 


This has been one of my faster of runs. I was dripping with sweat and I took some much needed time stretching out my calve. I ran by some neighbors who had awesome encouraging words. They told me they were so impressed with me and my determination. One lady said she sees me all the time at 6:30 as she is having her morning cigarette and envy and admires me. Made my heart swell.

After my run I continued to work out my calf with the stick and put on my new Pro Compression socks. I have never worn them before and holy wow are they great. 


Even with my big calves. They feel really good. I did a lot of stretching and making sure I go into this marathon feeling amazing. I'm so excited and ready. I know I have given this marathon training 150% and then some. I never once gave up or complained. I made it through every single long run, I never turned around. I didn't have any injury that I couldn't fix. I will stand at that starting line knowing I followed my plan exactly and followed through.

5 days from now..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone