Baked Chicken Parm and Zoodles

I really need to go grocery shopping, but I am truly trying to use everything in our fridge and freezer before I have to go on Sunday. And I am trying to only have us eat out once this weekend, which might be either Friday or Saturday. And I am really trying to do some more cooking like I used too. Being at the WW meeting yesterday, really put a fire under me.

But the cooking fueled on Monday. We had some thin sliced, boneless chicken breasts. Usually I just bake them or put them in a skillet. I had one packet left of Shake and Bake original coating also. So I came up with making a baked chicken parm.




I took the chicken and coated with the shake and bake. Baked it as directed. Then just before taking it out, used 1 tablespoon of light Ragu Pasta Sauce and then topped with 1 tablespoon of mozzerella cheese and baked it until bubbly and melted.

Then came my "pasta"!! I used my favorite Veggetti







And there was my pasta side.

This was one of the easiest meals I have ever made and I am so proud of how creative it was. The zoodles were great, I even used it for left overs and used yellow squash and still came out great. The chicken was juicy and tender and so much better and lower in calories than regular chicken parm.

Cooking lighter is easy, just get a little creative and you can create all your old favorites again!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection