Not exactly how I wanted the first week to be...

Good Friday Morning Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is having a nice week. The first official week to the new year!!!

Mine on the other hand has not been so great. A sickness or sinus or something has taken over my life this week. Between the glorious Aunt Flo visiting from out of town and then Wednesday with the restart to the day, to the last two days I have had the worst sinus pressure and infection.

I mean I can not catch a break. On Wednesday I did get a great 3.1 mile run in around our neighborhood. I went back to sleep in the morning and then put on my big girl panties and went for a run. It was a gorgeous day and it felt really nice to get the run in. Then I spent a few minutes in our little home gym, lifting some weights.

Yesterday and today though not that great. I woke up with such a sinus problem. Which I know has a lot to do with the change of weather here in Florida. I know, I know, 40 degrees isn't bad at all, compared to a lot of my friends who live in the teens and lower this time of year, but for this Florida girl, it is cold and it plays a huge part of my sinus.

Luckily, I have had to close at work each day, so sleeping in a bit has been nice and taking some sinus medicine has been helping. Hoping one more dose and then I will be good to go.

So my big, go big or go home jump start to the new year week, has taken a little back. BUT despite not running or working out as much, food wise has been okay. I actually stuck to just 26 points yesterday and I have been drinking water like CRAZY. So there is that.

Sunday, I plan a nice long run downtown and getting through lots of errands, I have pushed off from being sick.

How has your first week of the New Year been????

Comments

  1. I hope you had a great run this morning! You know how my week's gone... Still dealing with knee pain. But, it is much less today, thankfully. Can't wait to get back out there again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I am glad the pain isn't as bad today. Well my "long" run downtown didn't happen, I never set an alarm and my body just kind of slept in. Heading out soon to get some miles in, I am loving this running as just a form of exercise rather than training because then I don't feel so guilty. But also sleeping in on a Sunday has its perks!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone