Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WW Update and Restart to the Day

Alright confession time, I was planning on today to be a nice and productive day. I was gonna clean my car, get a run in early, take down the Christmas tree and some other stuff around the apartment. I had full intentions and I even wrote it all down in my planner....

And seriously all I want to do right now is crawl back into bed and hide under the covers for just a little bit longer. I woke up today in just a crabby mood.

Ever have that happen????

And seriously, that really never happens to me. I am usually a take on the day kind of person, but from the moment I woke up to making breakfast and having my favorite part of the day, my coffee, I have just been moving like a zombie. I feel tired and just blah. I know a lot has to do with Aunt Flo being in town, but man I hate when these feelings take over, because it just knocks me down for the count.

I really have no shame either in going right back to bed and trying to start the day over.

Okay enough with my whining this morning. I haven't updated about my weight loss struggles in a while. And here is the god's honest truth...IT HAS SUCKED.

I defintley gained weight from Marathon training. I knew it was going to happen and it happened and I am really working towards the end result here. The holidays didn't hurt me too bad. Actually because I was so busy with work, I was losing at least a pound a week and then the week of Christmas and New Years Eve happened. I didn't gain a ton, 2 pounds but I finally felt like I was breaking through and then bam.

Last week, I was not great at all. I had pizza, wine and garlic bread for New Years Eve, which all of that is so out of my element. So the 1 pound gain I was surprised was only that. I did run the half on Sunday and usually after a run, I always seem to gain and I weighed in yesterday, which was day 1 of my period. I mean seriously how does that happen to me. But it is a new year and new struggles and new successes. Last year was not my year for weight loss BUT this year it is.

I am really going to stick to just my 26 points a day, maybe 29. My running has cut back because I am not training and I have no excuses. I want to get back the passion and the drive when I first started Weight Watchers, but I guess it isn't there for me anymore. BUT I am never going back to those pre Weight Watchers days again. And to be quite honest, I don't think I could ever anyway. I have so many habits I have broken from then. I am just not sure what I want to do.

I know I just want to be the best version of me. I have read a bunch about If It Fits Your Macros and it seems like it is something that will push me in the right direction. I am finishing out the month with Weight Watchers and then starting a new healthy lifestyle journey in February, so for now Weight Watchers is for me.

I think moving forward will be good. I need something to shock the body a bit.

Sorry this post is all over the place and random, this girl needs a restart back in bed!