WW Update and Restart to the Day

Alright confession time, I was planning on today to be a nice and productive day. I was gonna clean my car, get a run in early, take down the Christmas tree and some other stuff around the apartment. I had full intentions and I even wrote it all down in my planner....

And seriously all I want to do right now is crawl back into bed and hide under the covers for just a little bit longer. I woke up today in just a crabby mood.

Ever have that happen????

And seriously, that really never happens to me. I am usually a take on the day kind of person, but from the moment I woke up to making breakfast and having my favorite part of the day, my coffee, I have just been moving like a zombie. I feel tired and just blah. I know a lot has to do with Aunt Flo being in town, but man I hate when these feelings take over, because it just knocks me down for the count.

I really have no shame either in going right back to bed and trying to start the day over.

Okay enough with my whining this morning. I haven't updated about my weight loss struggles in a while. And here is the god's honest truth...IT HAS SUCKED.

I defintley gained weight from Marathon training. I knew it was going to happen and it happened and I am really working towards the end result here. The holidays didn't hurt me too bad. Actually because I was so busy with work, I was losing at least a pound a week and then the week of Christmas and New Years Eve happened. I didn't gain a ton, 2 pounds but I finally felt like I was breaking through and then bam.

Last week, I was not great at all. I had pizza, wine and garlic bread for New Years Eve, which all of that is so out of my element. So the 1 pound gain I was surprised was only that. I did run the half on Sunday and usually after a run, I always seem to gain and I weighed in yesterday, which was day 1 of my period. I mean seriously how does that happen to me. But it is a new year and new struggles and new successes. Last year was not my year for weight loss BUT this year it is.

I am really going to stick to just my 26 points a day, maybe 29. My running has cut back because I am not training and I have no excuses. I want to get back the passion and the drive when I first started Weight Watchers, but I guess it isn't there for me anymore. BUT I am never going back to those pre Weight Watchers days again. And to be quite honest, I don't think I could ever anyway. I have so many habits I have broken from then. I am just not sure what I want to do.

I know I just want to be the best version of me. I have read a bunch about If It Fits Your Macros and it seems like it is something that will push me in the right direction. I am finishing out the month with Weight Watchers and then starting a new healthy lifestyle journey in February, so for now Weight Watchers is for me.

I think moving forward will be good. I need something to shock the body a bit.

Sorry this post is all over the place and random, this girl needs a restart back in bed!

Comments

  1. OMG, girl. I am picking up what you are droppin' down! "I want to get back the passion and the drive"... that is me! Except I have one word for you. MARATHON. You did one! Whereas I quit running entirely. I am so proud of you for that! So forget the scale for a while, enjoy that amazing accomplishment, and realize how healthy and strong you really are. And then let's hit the reset button together on this whole weight loss thing! (After a little more time in your bed today, of course!) :) PS What in the world is If It Fits Your Macros?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!!!! Thank you so much for the encouragement and for reading!!! Okay so the If It Fits Your Macros is something I have seen on SkinnyMeg, she is a blogger and I follow her on Instagram, it's also called IIFYM or something like that, I have read her blog on it and it seems interesting, lots of weighing out foods and not so much about calories, more on protein and such. I am going to do some more research on it and then see if it works for me.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you just find yourself needing to move on to the next part of your journey! That's what happened to me with Weight Watchers. I was successful and thankful for all that I learned, but it was time for a new chapter. It's funny though, three years later and I still think about a lot of what I learned. Whatever the next chapter is for you, you'll be amazing at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you are so sweet!!!! Wish I lived closer to you because I would so be out there doing your workouts with you guys!!!! I know no matter what I do, I will always use the same tools I learned from them.

      Delete
  3. You're always more than welcome to join us if you ever want to make the drive over! We'd love to have you one week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone