Date Night, Blah Days, Weigh In News and Putting Myself Out There

Oh its been a few days since I have updated or put a post up. Life has gotten in the way yet again, nothing too crazy, just work with our inventory and then doing another store in our areas also. When last left I was switching up my routine in the work out area and I have to say it has been so good. I had my two rest days on the Thursday and Friday. Friday was a little extra because I just feeling so blah and out of it. I am not sure if I am coming down with a cold or something but even yesterday and today, my body has felt just blah.

Saturday, after work, I immediately put on my running shoes and hit the pavement and then went to the gym and did a strength and a cardio work out to even out the day I missed. I felt really good, I was sweating and shaking and super good.

Saturday night James and I had a date night and we went to Applebee's for dinner and I ordered one of their new Cedar Grilled Chicken...


Took from the website..

It comes with granny smith apple relish and paired with cranberries, peacans and quiona. It was really delicious and I gobbled that right up. I calculated the points and it came to 15pp, which is high, but that was for the whole meal, so I was satisfied with that. Plus it was part of their 2 for 20, so we got boneless wings to share and I had 4 of the wings, for roughly 8 points. For a night out, I was very happy with those points and that is what weeklies are for. We didn't even order drinks or dessert, we saved room for popcorn at the movie.

We went and saw the Wedding Ringer and it was hysterical!!! I mean we laughed from start to finish. It was a great movie for a date night and we shared some popcorn. All in all it was a perfect night.

Sunday, I didn't run or work out and the same for the past two days. I don't know, its not that my motivation isn't there, because believe me it is there, but getting up in the morning or coming home from work, I have just wanted to be comfy. That's when I know something is up with me because even if the slightest idea of getting sweaty, turned me right off. So I let my body and mind relax. I even came home from work today and took a little bit of a nap.

I think because I have been working and no days off in over a week, kind of did me in a bit and switching up a routine has definitely  helped. Also I have cut a lot of my carb intake back, you know I cant eat like I am running a marathon if I am not running a marathon, so the energy from those carbs, I think have been leaving my body.

Which brings me to my weigh in this week. I went tonight because I had to work this morning. I seriously thought I had a great week. We had a date night, I had one other night we ordered out and the rest I made dinners, made lunch, breakfast, drank all my water, snacked very lightly, ate veggies and fruit, switched things up. And I gained 2.6. I just doesn't seem to make sense to me. I am wondering if it has something to do with my thyroid. I mean I can make excuses and that all day long, but this weigh in slapped me in the face, something was off.

So I am giving Weight Watchers at least one more week, then it is full on switching it up, this plateau and up and down is driving this gal a little bonkers. But we will see. I have some fun activities this week too. My BFF Lea, from back home is down here and tomorrow we are meeting up for the whole day. So a day of fun with her!! I am sure I will indulge in one or two drinks the next two days because of my day off. But I will continue my eating right, making really good choices and drinking water like no tomorrow.

I also decided to kind of take some weekly pictures. I am a very visual person, so I like to see how my body is changing even if that damn scale is not. So I had James take a picture of me on the 11th and then yesterday...

I am not expecting to see results in a week to week at a time, but I like that I can show some sort of progress then. Pictures speak a lot, plus this is a comfort zone for me, putting these pictures out there. The lighting is horrible, one I am tan and the next white lol...they will get better over time.




I am going to try to do the same picture and view each week. I know i m not in the same clothes or stance, but it was a spur of the moment idea. BUT I am very glad I am putting it out there. I mean this is my journey, the good, the bad and the ugly and the constantly evolving.





Comments

  1. I am also rethinking weight watcher. I easily lost 40lbs now I have been struggling with the last 5lbs for 6 months now and I am sticking to the plan perfectly. If you have any ideas let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can definitely see the changes in those pics! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great. That darn scale is just mean sometimes. Keep doing what you're doing. If you've been feeling semi-sick, your body could also just be not responding also. I would count this last week as an off week and move forward from there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone