Sometimes you just gotta get lost...

Yesterday was a pretty great day. I mean nothing spectacular went on and to most it might have been quite boring but to me it was pretty great. After publishing my last post yesterday I threw on my running clothes and went for a run. Like I mentioned I had planned on doing back to back long runs this weekend, but with everything going on, I just knew my mind and heart were not into it and I didn't want to be disappointed from a bad run.

So I tossed my training plans out the window and just went for a run. I get caught up a lot in training that I forget how much I just love to run. I schedule long runs, short runs, days, everything and time and sometimes it feels like it is  something I HAVE to do, rather than something I LOVE to do.

So I did just that.

Where we are staying has a tons of little neighborhoods around it, so I just went out exploring. I was planning to just run for about 3 miles, just around the block and such, but I was having such a great run and exploring and well...

I got completely lost at one point...

Yes, only I can get lost running in a neighborhood. I passed the same park at least 5 times, until I busted out Google Maps and directed me home.

But I did get in 6 miles, which is a perfect long run. And my run was one of the best I have had in a long time. Look what I accomplished from this run...



Woohoo, Fastest 5k, when all obsessions go out the window, I accomplished a lot...



I was so proud of this! I didn't feel like I was going that fast!!

Sometimes you just have to go and get lost. I felt great after this run, a spark was back in me. I have to remember that the only competition is me. I need to have fun with the training and exercising and not put so much pressure on it. So after the run, I got showered and ready to enjoy my time with James. We didn't do much of anything but were just together. We went to Pollo for lunch, which was very easy for Simple Start. Chicken Breasts with Black Beans and Brown Rice and Green Beans. After we ran a couple of errands and then back to the hotel to just chill out. It was so nice to not have any plans, no laundry to do or apartment to clean. I took a quick little nap and he played video games. 

Then we laid in bed and started Breaking Bad. I know I am going to love this series. Around 8 we went to the Cracker Barrel for dinner because it was right across the street and I love that place, it reminds me of my dad. James has never been and he was pleased with it. I enjoyed their oven baked chicken, broccoli and sweet potato and some Turkey noodle soup. It was delicious. And while I was really trying hard with Simple Start, it has been tough this weekend. So I counted some points, more indulgences I guess you can say.

When we got back we snuggled up in bed and watched a movie. We ate pretzels and chocolate covered almonds and I was smitten. Sometimes you just need a night where you just put everything aside and don't count, or worry and just enjoy. And I did just that. I feel asleep with a full heart.

This morning we got up early for breakfast and I had a small bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a hard boiled egg and yogurt. I was so sleepy and tired, that I immediately went back to sleep when I got back to the room. I know crazy, but I listened to my body. I got up a couple of hours later and went to the hotel gym and got on the Elliptical and burned 300 plus calories, 3 miles and 30 minutes. Boom!

See I indulged a bit, but by morning back at it. Now heading to work for the night and then back here to spend the night with my love. Not sure what we are doing for dinner and my lunch for work with consist of a Quest Bar and a yogurt, hey you gotta do what you gotta do. The same for tomorrow considering I have to work at another store for their inventory.

I guess what I am saying in this post, is sometimes you just gottta roll with the punches, even though I am not in my comforts, I am making them my comforts and going with it. Come tomorrow I will be back in our apartment, back to our food and back to Simple Start for the rest of the week

. Its like a vacation but not haha.

Have a fantastic Saturday...








Comments

  1. Great run! I have to get one of those to track my runs as im about to start running outside more. What season of breaking bad are you in now? That show is addictiv! Ive watched several episodes back to back. Im in season 5 right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are finishing up Season 2 and absolutely love it. We watch so many of them back to back, its addicting lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection