Monday, January 13, 2014

Simple Start Spaghetti Dinner

I love pasta. It probably is one of my favorite dinner options, but because of the points I tend to not enjoy it like I would love too. BUT with Simple Start is on the menu. You can enjoy it and not even have to track it. Now as much as I would love to eat a whole box of pasta, I still weighed out a nice portion of pasta to enjoy tonight.

When making my meal tonight, I made sure that I used only and all power foods for my meal, I didn't want to count anything or use any indulgent points. FYI this turned out delicious!!

Whole Wheat Spaghetti
No Salt Diced Tomatoes
Zucchini
Summer Squash
1/4 cup of Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
2/3 Cup of Boca Veggie Crumbles




I cooked the spaghetti as directed. I sauteed the zucchini and summer squash in a pan with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mixed in Boca Crumbles and 1 cup of Diced Tomatoes. I heated them in the pan for about 5-10 minutes.

Once the pasta was done, I drained and put back in the pot. I took the veggies off of the stove and dumped into the pot of the spaghetti. I mixed in the Fat Free Ricotta Cheese until everything was mixed and creamy.

I sprayed two pieces of reduced calorie with spray butter and spread 2 tsp of minced garlic on top and toasted until it was a light brown.

This meal was delicious and exactly what I wanted. I will be making this more often for sure. The ricotta cheese gave it a nice creamy texture and the tomatoes gave it just enough sauce, even though I would have wanted more.

It goes to show you can have pasta and anything you want, the right way and the simple way with Weight Watchers.