Catch Up on my Crazy Week

Happy Friday Everyone and the Beginning of the Weekend.

What a crazy, crazy week this has been for me. I have put in some really long hours with work this week and I can feel it. Wednesday before I had to head to Orlando for my meeting, I got my 4 mile run in. My legs felt pretty good, but it was still so hot here, I am really over it. 5 months of this training and I have one good day of running, which was when I was home in NY. The rest have been hot, humid, hazy, rainy, you know typical Florida weather. But what can I do, you know.

The 4 miles were good though, considering I hadn't ran since Saturday and I was worried, they were too rested. I know sounds crazy. But they felt okay. I had packed with me my running shoes and stuff to run in Orlando before our meeting began on Thursday. But the night before we were up really late, setting up the room and just unwinding a bit, that I didn't get to bed until 1:30, which is unheard of in my life these months. So needless to say, I slept in the bed, which was so comfortable and had it all to myself. I enjoyed the extra rest for sure.

Our meeting was on Thursday, which was amazing!!! I tried to make some really good choices the night before when we went out to dinner. We went to an Italian place and I had one piece of Caprese salad, one piece of Bruschetta, NO EXTRA BREAD, talk about being hard, I got eggplant parm which came with spaghetti, but I only ate a little and said no to Dessert, which looked amazing.

Big win for me! Then at our meeting we had some snacks and I nibbled a bunch here and there. So one really, really good day. I have been kind of carb crazy lately. Snacks, nuts, trail mixes, almonds, all these things have been in my radar. I know my time of the month is coming like ASAP, so that usually is what brings it on. I have been tracking, but it still has been all over the place. Tracking most but not all. I know that is bad, but this week has thrown me completely off.

This coming week is crazy too because Tuesday-Thursday we are opening a new store. Which means lots of lifting, standing and putting together a brand new store. Long days and nights. But its my job. I'm gonna try to bring my lunch every day, I really do not want to buy anything, except coffee. I will pack my protein bars and not snack on other items. I would love to drop a bit more weight by the time of the marathon too. I can see my body still really changing. Places shifting all over and such, its very exciting.

Speaking of that 15 days!!!!! I can not believe it. It is coming even faster now. I am glad I am distracted a bit these coming weeks because then I don't obsess over it, when I am not.

Today, I got in my last double digit training run. I did 10 miles, I have put it off and put it off since Sunday. I have just been in funk all week, my throat has been weird, energy levels unstable, which is resulting in my snacking and such and just blah. But the running helped this morning and the 10 made my legs hurt a bit, but I got home and just relaxed on the couch, seriously didn't move for hours and then took a 3.5 hour nap. My body and mind needed that so much.

LIKE A LOT.

I am feeling much better now, but I will be resting every chance I get, because I know it will make a difference in the long run. Haha, no pun intended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection