Week 2 of Tapering Begins

Sunday Runday was today.

I set my alarm for 4:00 this morning and surprisingly got up with no hurt, pain or argument in my head. Probably because I knew I was meeting Nanci and Corinna for the mileage. These early mornings are really hard to tackle these mornings. I can not wait for the weather to break so I can sleep in a bit and it still be cool enough to just run whenever before breakfast. Plus shorter mileage is a bit appealing too.

We headed out around 5:30 to start our run. They were doing 13 miles and I only had to do 7. So I ran with them until 3.5 and then turned around and waited for them to finish at the end. I love running the Clearwater bridges, even though it kills me at times. I do love the challenge of those 4 bridges, even if I am cursing it the whole time. And the humidity was so crappy again this morning.

While I waited for the ladies, Caitlyn came down and waited with me and we caught up on life and got to know each other a bit more. Caitlyn just like Nanci are one of my biggest inspirations and anytime I can pick their brains and get to know them better, I am all game. These ladies are so motivating and inspiring, I am grateful to have met them and become friends with them. Surround yourself with people who push and drive you, it makes you a better person. Once everyone got back we went to Starbucks for some much needed coffee and breakfast. I was starving this morning, even though I had some toast and PB before. I didn't bring any fuel, GU or energy chews with me, my fail. I could have used it for sure.

I hung around and enjoyed my coffee and conversation and then had to head back home to go grocery shopping with James. We are stocked for our week and half home. The rest of my day will be napping, of course, reading and football.

Week Two of Tapering has begun. 15 miles on deck this week and hard to believe I just got through half of it just today.

13 days!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone