Just One Of Those Days...

I woke up today, just not feeling it. Sure, I wake up tired a lot, I mean it has been an ongoing occurrance for the last couple of months, but today I woke up just not me. I had set my alarm for 5:00 to run 10 miles, I kept waking up every two hours last night, then every 20 minutes, really weird. My mind and body were wired. I got up as if I was going to get ready to run, and I stood up and I just knew I had no energy whats so ever. I mean drained, just not there.

I just fell right back into bed. I knew my 10 miles were not going to happen today and quite possibly nothing happening today. It has been my one day off where I just felt drained and over worked. My throat hurt, my legs were tired, my body ached, I had a headache and I just didn't feel like moving. The idea of doing anything, just kind of made my tired. I do know I am getting my TOM next week and this may have a lot to do with it. But it was strange to me this morning.

I got back into bed and just relaxed, fell back to sleep and it was so nice. But just laying in bed, curled up was all I really wanted. Then I felt guilty, like I should just power through, just do it and move on. Unfortunately this is not the time to do that, this is tapering. Listening to my body when it wants rest, I have worked it over time these past 5 months and it is starting to really talk to me. I do not want to be beat for the marathon, I want to be refreshed, energized and ready to go. It is rare for me to have 3 days in a row of rest, VERY RARE, cant even tell you the last time, have to say back in March before everything. I am just in a funk today and I'm sure it is because I haven't ran since Saturday. Isn't that weird, I am in a funk from running and a funk since I haven't ran.

So today, I have to go to work for 2 hours. Then meeting James for some lunch and Target shopping and a little bit of Froyo. Just a little, I have been craving like WOAH lately. Tomorrow I will do the 10 miles because I don't to have work until 11:30. Hoping to get a nap in and just rest up. I have wanted rest and now that I have it, it is crazy the feelings it brings out. Might get on the bike today and just work some things out.

Have a happy Tuesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection