South of the Border Hash Brown Bake

This recipe is quick, easy and can be eaten all week, which I love when it comes to cooking, especially for the morning.

I found this recipe in my Weight Watchers Weekly that I got when I weighed in and had to modify the ingredients a bit to fit what I had in the house and glad I did because it came to 1 point less when I did.

Ingredients



2 cups (16 ounces)  Liquid Egg Whites
1/2 cup of fat free milk
1 Package of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns- I used mine frozen, seemed fine
15 ounces ( 1 Can) black beans, drained and rinsed
11 ounces (1 can) corn niblets, drained
1/2 cup of canned diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups of Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese- Mexican Blend would be great
3 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl combine liquid egg whites and milk, mix well. Add hash browns, black beans, corn, tomatoes and 1 cup of cheese. Stir to mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set and edges are brown.

2. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Continue baking for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro.

Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.



Makes 12 servings.
3pp for a serving

Looks and smells amazing and because I prepared ahead of time James and I have breakfast for the whole week, which saves me time and money. Win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone