And So It Begins....

Tomorrow starts my marathon journey.

Tomorrow is Day One.

Tomorrow with one single step, I am truly changing my life.

I know it seems crazy to get emotional or all worked up with the idea, I mean it is only training, I am not running the marathon for another 5 months, but the training is a HUGE deal.

This training determines if I can really do this. I must stay commited and dedicated and working this through.

The last month and the last few weeks, I have been really slacking with my running and exercising in general. But I am rested and mind is on constant thoughts of the marathon. I am living and breathing the idea and concept of running for 26.2 miles.

I am scared, nervous and have a ton emotions. I am nervous of getting in all the workouts and routines in. I am nervous for my fueling and refueling. I am nervous for how I am going to feel and how my life will truly change for these next couple of months. 

I am sure my boyfriend and family and everyone will be sick and tired of hearing me talk about the marathon by the time the marathon comes around.

But you know what...

THIS IS MY THING! 

I am running this marathon and starting this training for ME. I am doing this for ME. To say I have run a marathon and seriously to give myself a routine, some discipline and control something in my life. I feel my life can get sort of out of control and I can control a lot, but this, this success I can control.

All of this is based on me.

I know I am a strong person. I have dealt with a crap load of stuff in my life, but this, I know this is testing my strength and I want to see how truly far I can go.

Tonight I am going to have James take my measurements and I will snap a picture of myself before hand. I will be continuing with Weight Watchers and following my points program. While I know I will have to adjust as the long runs increase, so I will be eating my activity points a lot to help build what I am taking off. I am constently researching and finding ways to improve my nutrition during this process.

I will have my cheat days for sure, at least one a week, but nothing crazy. I am still going to be Angie, but I know I am going to changing into a deeper Angie.

So with tomrrow being Day One, I figure this will be my outlet to express this training progress. Inspired by the book Onward! and blogger Brook Kedres, I will be blogging my way through the whole process because I want to be able to look back on this and see how it all came about. I always want to look back on this experience.

I am going to continue to blog about my every day life, post as many reciepes and great finds I can find and what I have been doing, but at least one post a day will be about the marathon. You can also find it in the Journey to 26.2 tab. 

I hope you want to stick around and join me on this "sole" searching journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection