Sunday Mornings and Chia Pudding

Good Sunday Morning!!!

It is a gorgeous day here in Florida. The weather isn't too hot, there is a little bit of a breeze and I can keep my windows open without sweating to death. All in all a gorgeous day.

I got 7 miles in this morning with my friend Jacke. It was a tough 7 miles, my mind and legs were all ready to go but my stomach not so much. I ate asparagus last night with my dinner I cooked, and had one glass of wine with some popcorn I got out of my Graze box and it did not sit well with me this morning or last night. To be quite honest I had the worse gas! And I thought with drinking some water and sleeping would help it out, but nope, I was really, REALLY uncomfortable running this morning.

I was exhausted when I got up and seriously thought about calling Jacke and saying I didn't want to go until later. BUT I knew if I didn't get up and go and just suck it up, I would NOT go later and make every excuse or if I did go, I would not get a longer mileage in. We both were not feeling it this morning but once I hit that pavement, despite feeling icky, I felt great that I did it. My legs felt pretty good. I took it nice and easy this morning because of the discomfort and got the mileage done.

Next Sunday is the Iron Girl half so this is my last longish run until then. I am trying out a new exercise class for free on Wednesday, will definitely report on that. I plan on running 3 miles on Thursday and a walk on Saturday morning to just stretch out the legs. I am going to use my toning ball tonight and tomorrow to start working a lot on my core, but making sure my legs are well rested because those bridges and it being a bit hotter than most races, I will need it.

The rest of today I plan on just enjoying the day off being I have a long week ahead of me. I love getting up earlier and getting the day started early so I can just take the rest of the day easy, which of course means I will be getting a nap in lol.

Since nothing else new and exciting is going on in my world, besides James finally comes back from vacation tomorrow, I am so excited. I have really missed him.

Here is a Chia Pudding Recipe I had the other night as a dessert.

I love Chia Seeds!!

Mixed Berry Chia Pudding

1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
1/2 cup of mixed frozen berries



Put everything in a sealed mason jar, shake up and put in the fridge for about 5-6 hours or overnight. When left overnight, the pudding taste even better.



After about two hours, shake the mason jar again and let settle.

Once ready to enjoy, I topped mine with 2 tablespoons of Fat Free Cool Whip, cinnamon and a couple dark chocolate chips.



It was delicious and filling and easy to make.

Just so you know, it will not turn out like typical pudding, so don't get worried when it isn't as thick as you think it will be. The chia seeds bulk up also. You can add more chia seeds to give it that pudding, bulky texture. I only added 1 tablespoon because of point values. My whole one came too 4 points with the chocolate chips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection