Shopping, Walking, Prepping

I love the day/night before a race. Doesn't matter what kind of mileage I am doing, I get all giddy and excited, anxious and nervous for what is going to happen the next day. I mean I have done this mileage numerous times before, but its the atmosphere, the people, surroundings, everything else that gets me all jazzed up.

Today, I had the day off from work and normally in the past before one of the half marathons that I have done, I have not had the privilege of being off for the whole, usually I am working. So when this one came around, I was thrilled to have it off. But my car was still not working today, so I was limited to what I really could do.

I knew I wanted to go for a walk today to warm up my legs and kind of debloat myself a bit. Get the heart pumping, blood flowing and sweat pouring. Since I am without my car, I figured I would walk and do my errands I had planned. I took the bus to the mall and then walked from the mall to Sports Authority, which turned out to be a little over 2 miles. At SA, I picked up a new running tank, mainly because I feel in the love with the colors and my fueling items; Gu, Sharkies and NUUN.

Then from SA I walked to Walgreens and got some water and almonds because my stomach was growling. Then back to the mall. I wanted to go to Old Navy so I could pick up the outfit I wanted to wear tomorrow. Old Navy has seriously stepped up their game with their active wear. It is truly fantastic and so cheap, well cheaper in price then others. The pants/carpi's are great and the tank tops are light, flowy and fit perfect, oh and their colors, yup everything I need and more.

You can say I could drop some serious money in Old Navy in just their active wear. I love Old Navy to begin with, but this made me fall in love all over again. So I picked up this awesome stripped white and mint green tank and black, stripped pants...


Flat Angelina, already to go!

And because I spent 50, I got back 20.00 in a coupon to use the end of the month. MORE ACTIVE WEAR :0)!!!!!

From Old Navy, I went to GNC to pick up my stock in QuestBars and now they sell PB2, genius! So I got my share and I had a 10.00 coupon to use, but I had seemed to deleted it and of course my SnipSnap App wouldn't work, and the manager lady was being a bitch, so I paid the full price, uggh. Oh well, means I can use the coupon again.

My stomach was growling again, but I held off so I could go to Yankee Candle and pick up some tarts and stuff for my car. Being I work in the mall and very close to all these stores, you would think I would not want to do this on my day off, but when I am at work, that is it, I go to work and leave, I never want to hang around, so I use my time wisely later on.

My stomach was mad so I went to Chick Fil A and tried there Grilled Market Salad...

It was absolutely delicious!!!! The salad was 4pp. Comes with some toppings that are 4pp also. 8pp for the whole salad with toppings and worth it. I loved it and will be splurging to get that more often.

After lunch I thought about taking the bus home because I didn't want to over work my legs and then I thought, who the heck am I?! I of course can walk home, it was is only 1.5 miles away, so I did just that! The total came to about 5.5 miles. I was very satisfied with that. I did wear the wrong socks, so my feet were quite sore.

I came home soaked in the bath, got my stuff all prepped and ready to go and showered and sat down and read a Weight Watchers magazine. Now I am going to cook some pasta and relax for the night. I am pretty tired from lack of sleep last night and being outside for a long time today walking around in the heat, so I'm hoping to be asleep no later that 10:00, giving me a good solid 6 hours.

I am ready and excited for the morning!

Talk to you soon!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone