Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Weekly Weigh In: Stayed the Same

So I am a day late and a dollar short.

Yesterday normally is my weigh in and WW meeting day, but because I am without a car for God knows how long, I had to miss it yesterday. I had full intentions of going too. I was going to walk to the meeting and then walk home afterwords. I brought my clothes, packed really light for work, I normally bring like 3 bags and I condensed down to a back pack, big deal for me. But Mother Nature had another idea for me and it was pouring raining when I got out of work, so walking was not in my cards.

I took the bus home and then just vegged out. I had the whole house to myself, my DVR, magazines and just some peace and quite. I munched on some carrots and hummus, almonds and apples. I looked at some of workout gear and then looked away. My body just wanted to chill out, relax and take in the rainy night. So I did just that. I didn't worry about weighing in, or running or anything and just kind of chilled out. Plus after running 13 miles on Sunday, I usually take two days off to get my body right again. AND because I am starting marathon training soon, I am going to take things a little slow for two weeks.

Today, I was suppose to have a travel day for work, but because I am without my travel vehicle. I took a well deserved PTO day and it has been perfect. I actually slept in past 8:00 a.m., James and I got up and went an cashed in our huge coin jar. We made 134 dollars! Then I went to WW to weigh in and I stayed the same!!!


I have to tell you that is a huge deal because anytime I run a long distance, especially a half, I always seem to gain when I weigh in. So to see no gain and stay the same, it was a huge relief. I treated myself to buying two new 3pp bars they had. Jay and I went out breakfast afterwords. We went to First Watch Daytime Cafe. It was AMAZING!!!

Huge portions and very fresh. We gobbled up and then went to Plato's Closet to sell some of his clothes, he is downsizing. THANK GOD! I have been trying to get him to do that for years now, the man has way too many clothing items. Then we used the money we got from the coin jar and selling and went to Target and got a lot of essentials we have been wanting, like a rice cooker, some wine and beer ( not an essential at all ;0) paper products and of course some clearance items I found.

We got home and cleaned up a bit and then I went for a 3 mile walk which felt really good. I wanted to run, but I know it is good for me to just take it easy for the time being. The weather is really nice today and it was good to just walk. I took in a lot of our area, I normally don't get to explore because I am so set with where my mileage ends and begins.

So all in all nothing new and exciting in this land.

Hope everyone is having fantastic day!