Marathon Monday

Today marked the 118th Annual Boston Marathon. A day like today, really makes me wish I still lived in Boston. While I don't know if I will ever qualify to run the Boston Marathon or want too, I would love to go and watch it and experience it all.



I had to work today so I DVR'd the marathon and tonight I watched it. I already knew who won, but I wanted to primarily watch the beginning and the end. The beginning was amazing, as was the finish. I got chills and tears welled up in my eyes. I cant explain it. Watching the marathon though made me even more pumped for my own and it gave me a bunch of nerves, but I know I am ready to tackle this challenge, just like 36, 000 runners did today.

Being this Boston Marathon was even more special, it just shows how strong the runners community really is and how tough we truly are. How tough Boston is and America. I was inspired all day from reading Facebook posts and seeing Instagram pictures. I originally was just going to get a walk or bike ride in after work today, but I was so motivated I knew I had to put on my running shoes and Red Sox shirt and hit the pavement.



I of course had to take some pictures before.

Last year I did a Boston Memorial run with the running community around here and we ran in remembrance 2.62 miles. So I thought that same mileage would be perfect just the same for today.



I didn't take my Gym Boss out with me. I just went down and around the street, walked when I needed too, just to keep myself in that routine. It felt great to run a bit, I need those endorphins for sure. I felt great afterwards and I can not wait to start training on Sunday. I love a good routine and purpose.

So congratulations to the elite athletes that won today and those that just showed up and got it done.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection