Best Way to Start My Day

Good Tuesday Morning!!!

I am bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. Let's just say I had an ahhhmmazing run this morning. Just 3 miles, but man I was in the groove. Everything was working great. My legs felt awesome, even from the 17 miles on Sunday. I was up before my alarm even went off and no hesitation to get out the door.

Why can't all mornings be like this??

I started running right before 6:00 am. My whole neighborhood was dark and quite. I brought along by red flashing strobe light to help light my way, but also to alert cars. People fear me around here when I am running down the street, too many close calls.

I left my GymBoss home and was just going to go out and run as is. Just see how my body is and go from there. I ended up running the whole first mile just at a nice pace, I honestly felt like I was a speed demon. It felt great, but I wasn't panting. I tried for my Magic Mile and it happened at 10:54!! I haven't seen that number with me running by myself in a very long time. It was a nice confidence booster. I then walked and then walked each .60 of each mile. It was 100% humidity, blah, blah, blah. We all know it is hot and humid here, I can not wait until October in PA!

I just felt so awesome this morning. I was doubting my training a bit yesterday. Questioning if I was doing enough, going farther enough, running enough. Eating right, sleeping well, etc. I guess I had a little mini freak out in my head. And then this morning, when I ran just like training said, it made it all make sense. My world was right again and doubts were pushed aside. Because this is my journey to 26.2 and no one else's. I need to stop reading a 1,000 other training plans, mine is working for me and it will get me across that finish line. I have proven that thus far.

I hope everyone has a great morning and day and started it off with a positive note like I have!!

Happy Tuesday


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection