Friday Five: Fall Preview

I really enjoyed the Friday Five last week and I like that it is something different to post each Friday, so I am linking up with NanciMar On The Run & Eat Pray Run DC & Cynthia. I love that I saw this on Nanci's blog because I found some awesome running ladies to now follow and join in on the fun.

It is crazy to me that September is two days away and Labor Day. I feel it is so early this year too. But with Labor Day comes the start of fall. Even though Fall doesn't really begin for us Floridan's until November haha, when the rest of the world is gearing down for winter. Anyway I love to pretend we are in fall weather here.

Friday Five Fall Preview

1. MY MARATHON!!!
This by far is what is driving me this whole fall. It is October 12, in PA, in the heart of NEPA. And if you have ever been to that part of the country, you know how beautiful it is that time of year. The leaves are changing or already changing. The weather is crisp and I have no shame enjoying all this fall related while I am visiting for the weekend. OH AND BECAUSE IT IS MY MARATHON!! Yes, I will be completing my marathon this fall and probably will be talking about it the whole rest of fall and winter and probably the rest of my life haha.

2. PUMPKIN!!
And I mean pumpkin everything. I love Fall and with fall to me comes pumpkin. That beautiful little round, orange squash really gets me going. I search for everything and anything pumpkin to try. If pumpkin is on the menu, I am ordering it. If there is an item with pumpkin in it I am buying it. I have already enjoyed a PSL from Starbucks, a pumpkin spice latte if you aren't familiar and my favorite pumpkin beverage, a pumpkin Iced Coffee from Dunkin Donuts. In my opinion, pumpkin coffee is way better at DD than Starbucks.

       


3. CANDLES
I love fall candle scents. I love all kinds of candles but the scents of fall I really enjoy because there are so many different ones. I honestly am torn between Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle. I have actually worked at both in my lifetime so I am loyal to both. I love Bath and Body Work 3 wick candles and Yankee Candle tarts. The scents have been released but I haven't gotten any yet. My favorite is to light my candles, turn my AC up a little bit and curl up with my coffee and a book. The scents really bring me back to my hometown.


Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun 3-Wick Candle - Home Fragrance - Bath & Body Works      Sweater Weather 3-Wick Candle - Home Fragrance - Bath & Body Works

Frag_Icon_172x120_applespice           Frag_Icon_172x120_pumpkinpie

4. BAKING
Something about fall really gets me into the baking mood.  I love finding new things to bake or continuing to bake old favorites like banana bread, pumpkin muffins, and apple crisp. Plus my boyfriend loves when I get in the baking mood, his tummy will be pleased.

5. HALLOWEEN/ SCARY MOVIES
With fall comes the first fall holiday later on which is Halloween. I love scary movies and usually now t.v. stations start playing the classics like, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Exorist, etc. My boyfriend isn't a scary movie fan at all. But I love dimming the lights, getting a big bowl of popcorn and being scared. Oh and you have to have some Halloween candy to go with those movies, which is starting to hit the shelves now!

What are you excited most about with FALL??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection