Just needed to vent it out..

Today has just been one of those mornings. Actually the last couple of days have been one of those mornings and days. Tuesday was great after my run and then I hit up Target. Believe me I will be posting all the goodies I got there this week in a post. All I wanted to do was come home after and just lay down and eat and relax.

Well, James's mom is here on vacation and her flight was coming in on Tuesday. It got delayed and James then wanted me to go with him to pick her up which would have been around 9:30. My legs were killing me, I mean really hurting. Just so sore from the day and days previous. I acted like a princess for a bit and then gave in. He did say he would treat me to dinner. As much as I would like to limit eating out before weigh in day, I really did not want to cook again. So I went.

We had a great night waiting for her at the airport. We went to Friday's and I order some french onion soup and a house salad. Not bad, right? Well we split some apps too. I should have just said no, but I was hungry and it looked good, so we split the apps, boneless wings, pretzel and fried green beans. I only had a couple of each, I know my limit, but man, some things are so tempting. And it shows, even if you have  couple, some things rear their angry head again. I felt like I should have stayed home, cooked and cleaned and just did what I really wanted too, but I went with the flow.

His mom's flight was even more delayed but James and I had a blast people watching. There were some crazy characters. We didn't get home until after midnight and I was beat. Yesterday, was another long day for me. I had a travel day with work, as you know weigh in day and I had a xt day, which I accomplished all of it. I got 6 miles in on the bike and my legs felt great and did some weights. But work was long and my AC in my car was out AGAIN!

Start of August and no cool air in the car, sucks! It drains you. I got home stripped down to nothing, I know graphic and just laid down. Not for long because I was meeting them for dinner. We went out to dinner to one of the best Italian restaurants, Desesto's, here in St. Pete. It reminds me of the Sopranos so much. I was in heaven. We had wine, I had eggplant parm, ate the whole thing, great conversation and it was a lovely night. I love when his mom comes to town because she is the best. The sweetest lady and James' adores her, it really nice to see.

She loves to treat us to dinner or lunch or anything the whole week she is her. It is really sweet, so I gotta run to eat while she is here lol. I got home from dinner with a slight buzz and completely beat, another long day and I have so much to do around the house. Our apartment needs cleaning, laundry needs to be done and I needed a little sanity. While, his mom is in town, he stays with her, so I have some me time. I was starting to become overwhelmed when I was going to get it all done.

Okay, I know I am rambling, but I am on my second cup of coffee and about to head to work. I got up this morning and hit snooze over and over. Thursday's are run days, I run 3-4 miles or whatever I want really. I planned this morning and then use a second rest day on Saturday since I am off and was probably going to spend the day with his mom. Well, this morning, I just was not having it, I wanted sleep and I wanted to just do what I wanted to do. No plans, no rushing. I wanted to clean and straighten up.

So I got my coffee, looked away from my running shoes and got to cleaning and organizing my apartment. Can I say, it felt great to just have the morning to myself. No James here making a mess, no sweating, no rushing to shower, eat and all that. I just took my time, felt a bit refreshed and now I can sit back and look at our nice our place looks again and not freak out.

See, some mornings with all the training and rushing and fitting it all in, it gets to me. I just feel like there are not enough hours in the day for me, but enough for everything else. So, I move my training around a bit, so I can breath again. I know it doesn't seem like much, but wow sometimes it feels like its all there is.

So, I'll run tomorrow and Saturday. Tomorrow I close at work again, so that is perfect and Saturday I am off, and a run on my day off is all I really want sometimes. Sorry for the long, drawn out post, but I guess I just had to vent a bit.

Have an awesome day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection