The Day After...

Yup today I feel like I was hit by a big ol' truck!!

I laid around all day yesterday but by body was very restless. I went to bed and got a good amount of sleep BUT once I woke up I was done for. I was sore, not too bad though, the Stick helped so much! BUT I do need to roll more, I'm so bad at that.

And my energy was shot. I ate a lot of protein yesterday but I still woke up today just out of it. I mean completely out of it. I needed  more rest. I had to open the store so I asked my assistant if she could come in early and cover my shift. She did and got to leave almost 2 hours earlier.

The minute I got home I went to sleep. Just a full on nap. And I have slept for 2.5 hours and had crazy, crazy dreams. Dreams about the marathon too. Not being fully prepared, people being there, etc. Very weird. I do feel a bit better. 

I think for my long runs the day after is a must recovery/ rest day for me. And either take the day off or go in much later. I need to lay around, my body really needed it. But with that being said I feel good, so accomplished beyond words. It is quite a feeling.

I figured since I posted what I ate after 17, I would do the same for 20. Believe it or not the hunger not all the same. And I'm never really hungry until today.

So after my run when I got home and started to relax I had a big cup of coffee and water and


Egg whites scrambled with reduced fat cheese, peppers and two turkey sausage links with two pieces of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread with Laughing Cow on top

Also


Some strawberries and blueberries, banana and grapes mixed with 90 calorie vanilla greek yogurt.

Then I napped..

After a nap I ate


Perdue chicken pieces with long grain rice, black beans, lettuce, guacamole, and salsa. With again..

 
So good! This time instead of a banana I need a sprinkle of coconut. Holy yum!!!

Then 2 hours later I had a cookie dough quest bar.

I forgot to take a picture of dinner but it was a lean pork chop, sweet potato, 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese and brocoli.

We finished the sopranos, holy sad that we are done with it. I'm heart broken with that ending and really truly loved that show.

I snacked on some popcorn and a small box of yogurt raisins.

Then before bed I had a bowl of 


After all my long runs at night I always seem to want cereal. It is so weird. But it hits the spot of me, I mean like right on. 

I think I did pretty well. I tried as much protein and good carbs as I could. Believe me I wanted a margarita and a burger and fries, but I know it would make me sick! And I'm saving my nice cheat, victory meal until the big day!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection